Makeshift

Makeshift

A Story by Tay

His soft black hair hangs just above his milky brown eyes, "I love you," he whispers softly in my ear, as his lips move down my ear. His lazy gaze meets my eyes and a small smile creeps upon his face, "I can give you everything you have ever wanted." At this moment I believe him. I believe the lie spilling out the corners of his mouth. His words, laced with poison, a sneaky spider venom. I believe that in this moment I am the only one he wants. That tomorrow won't come. That he won't leave me alone, naked, shattered in these sheets. I could hope and dream that he would still be there when the morning lights cracked through the window. The next morning he would be gone until the after noon when he would stumble in. Drunk. Yelling, screaming until our voices were gone. Pushing and pulling until the bruises formed. Come night he would crawl in my bed and whisper sweet nothing's to capture my heart until the morning light creeped in and his shadow was gone. And there was nothing left but his scent on the pillow and his makeshift love growing inside me.

© 2013 Tay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013

Author

Tay
Tay

Fairbanks, AK



About
25. Full time student. Full time employee. Married to my job. Trying to write my first book. more..

Writing
January January

A Chapter by Tay


Smoke Smoke

A Poem by Tay