The Life

The Life

A Poem by Bala Gorthi
"

For 10 words contest

"

Someone with million dreams asked me one day,
Is life a burden to endure or joy to play like a little boy?
Tell me, what you think about the life we lead today.
I want to live and play, but they all say not to enjoy.

I said:

Hey, for me, the Life you ask is not a CAKE or candy,
Nor is it a captivating SKETCH drawn by a fine artist
With his eloquent hands on a canvas in bright BURGANDY.
It is a COMPETITION and struggle gripping with a merciless fist
Clutching an ambitious cult SEEMINGLY progressive in their plight .
But what makes a rather simple looking task extremely difficult
Is their lacking of ROCK solid determination in fighting their fight.
So if the results seem FARFETCHED, it is the fault of the mind’s built.

Don't treat your life like a CHARITY the God has sketched
Let the big DREAM dreamt realize into an act to be golden etched
POUR all your efforts in an unending stream or life will be wretched.

As I end these words I start thinking

Today, what else is this life  bringing?



© 2017 Bala Gorthi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW! WOW! And WOW! Most 10-word contests are not sophisticated like this! I'm amazed at the depth of your questioning & the originality with which you express everything. Your manner of using the assigned words ends up with powerful expressions, rather than some barely-appropriate usage, as so many of these contests usually are. There's an underlying note of encouragement here that makes a person want to get up & get going & try something & take a chance (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for visiting this piece and appreciating. In my previous ten word write I tried fiction wi.. read more



Reviews

You crafted and an amazing life advice poem out of the 10 words. Uplifting and well written. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia, for your visit and appreciation.
Haha, you did a great job Bala Garu, using ten words....Yup life to me is an adventure, just face it, you may win or lose, it's better than quitting....I honestly loved it and appreciated your effort...:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Surya for the visit and words. I wanted to fit the ten words in the theme of life so I wr.. read more
I loved this piece. Everything about it was spot on, especially the message and the vivid descriptions you used to convey your point. I agree with the poem. We should try to carve our own destiny instead of relying on chance. I like how the analogies illustrate that effectively ... the ten words didn't seem thrown-in like many poems I read of this type. Thank you for sharing.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for visiting and appreciating this piece. I am glad you liked it.
Hello. Thank you for entering 10 Words I Give with this thought invoking piece. Good words to ponder. I enjoyed the read and felt as though the placement of the given 10 were put to good use. Kudos!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

The pleasure Is mine, Wicahpi Iyozaza. I am enjoying writing for contest. It is really challenging a.. read more
Wicahpi

7 Years Ago

I am glad that you enjoy giving them a try! It's just a little exercise for the brain. I am amazed a.. read more
WOW! WOW! And WOW! Most 10-word contests are not sophisticated like this! I'm amazed at the depth of your questioning & the originality with which you express everything. Your manner of using the assigned words ends up with powerful expressions, rather than some barely-appropriate usage, as so many of these contests usually are. There's an underlying note of encouragement here that makes a person want to get up & get going & try something & take a chance (((HUGS)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for visiting this piece and appreciating. In my previous ten word write I tried fiction wi.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Hmmm. I am not sure what the ten word contest wanted, but I can see the ten words you have used....

An interesting idea....to be asked for wisdom and to then offer it and upon doing so, pondering that wisdom in return.

Life is full of mystery and the pursuit of answers and knowledge is an endless journey.

A poem to make the reader think. Nice work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you Doodley, for your visit and words. The life is more than what I say in the write . Since I.. read more
As always you have excellently penned a beautiful poem. I loved the way you effortlessly used those 10 words. I am glad that you have maintained the rhyming and flow throughout the piece.
If you want something in life, you need to work hard and put efforts in order to achieve that dream, mere thinking and planning won't bear any fruits.
I loved the message, B :-)
Last two lines ended on a thought provoking note.
An uplifting write, M :-)


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear, as always for supporting me and my work through your uplifting words.This is for the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

656 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2017

Author

Bala Gorthi
Bala Gorthi

India



About
I am here to share my random thoughts. For me, destiny is a matter of choice. And our Karma brings that choice.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..