What are you?

What are you?

A Chapter by Balletmonster
"

This chapter is about Danielle and her 3 roomies settling in. Danielle, Mallika, Annie and Zoey.

"
I walked down the stairs of my now empty house, an old abandon, broken, old, wooden, house. I don't know why my mother and father loved it so much, honestly I loved it because it brought back memories of them. It was in the middle of no where, I haven't ever had a friend because I was home schooled. It just ruined my social life, when I move, who knows what will happen. I walk out to see my Aunt Sylvia in her old pick up truck waiting to pick up my things. I only have a few clothes, some overalls and shirts. For my shoes I have old boots. After my parents died last week I called my Aunt Sylvia and she came to get me and take me to live with her. Deaths like this have happened in my family for generations. They all die mysteriously without any record of where they went. Its not like it was destiny for this to happen. Maybe someone just really hates my family, but thats the scary part, its only happened in the Balisto family tree. Only my father's side of the family, why is this happening, WHY?
My life was just ruined by a car, okay...A CAR.
I will find out why this is happening, revenge is sweet, and I am amazing at serving it.
I am driving to a town called, Holdenville. It is where my father grew up, and apparently it has a lot of kids "like me" there. Ones that lost their parents tragically and are still healing. So when I get to the apartment I will be living in for the next, two years. With 3 other girls. My parents wanted me to live there, they told my aunt that. They said, it would be the best place to find myself. I'm not going to fight with my parents judgement. I love my parents very much, no matter where they are and if they were still alive they would want me to be strong, not show my fear. So I wont! I wont spit on their memories.
I unpack my things, two overalls, one pair of boots, night gown, diary, socks, things from my parents rooms and my charm necklace I was given when I was brought into this world. I hear footsteps, I quickly turn and see a redheaded girl with freckles on her nose, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, with big hazel eyes. I haven't ever seen anyone like this before. I have really dark brown hair, it is naturally curly, so it goes in ringlets around my head. My hair, if it was straight would be down to my butt, but it is curled, so it comes to the center of my back, I have light grey eyes and so does the rest of my family, its like a gene only my family has, every one on my mom's side has grey eyes and every one on my dads side is oober tall, so I am average height, about 5'5. So compared to most of my family I am unbelievably short. 
"Wh-who are y-you" I stutter, "Oh no worries, I wont bite, my name is Annie, I'm your roommate.." I smile "Of course, ha ha, could you help me, I am new in town and, don't know where to buy some clothes, you see. My parents just died and I was left with all their money and valued items. I only had 2 pairs of clothes before, but now...I need to fit in, I've never lived in a place so weird." Annie smiles, "I know what you mean, the same exact thing happened to me, then Mallika helped me, she helped me buy clothes, become popular, she'll help you, for sure, you are already beautiful." I feel really welcome now, no one has ever complimented me, EVER.
"Thank you," I say quietly 
Annie smiles, "Any time, really, I just wanna help"
I grab my bag of money and we hit the shops. By the time we're back I fill my whole closet with no room left. I smile, "And how I love thrift shops...so cheep yet so new" Annie smiles and replies, "The best for the best"
When I change Annie shows me how to match the makeup to the color of the clothes. I am wearing a puffy green tank top and jean shorts, so she uses an eye pencil and draws on my eyes then puts black shadow on the top lid. I look completely different. Then she straightens my hair and I look nothing the same, good thing too because the other roommates just strutted in and I can see why they would be popular. Mallika has light brown hair and light green eyes that are splintered with gold, and mystery, she is about my height but she is wearing 2 inch heels and a mini skirt. Then Zoey, she has long curly sandy blonde hair, with grey eyes. I look at her, she looks familiar, but I just cant pinpoint it. Annie introduces us, its pretty awkward, so we just carry on, Mallika comes up to me and says, "Listen Danielle, I know you are new, but would you like to join us, we are popular at school and you would be a great addition to the...group" I nod my head, "Sound cool, thanks so much for welcoming me here, I really appreciate it." She nods then goes back and rattles on to Zoey about some guy named Aaron who is a d****e. That night we all grabbed some coffee from Ber-berries across the road, they are a smoothie place, but they always make fresh coffee. We all slipped on some PJs and talked, just trying to get used to each other.
"Okay Zoey, truth or dare" Annie yells 
"Truth" Zoey says with a smirk, 
"Who's the last guy you...kissed?" 
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm" Zoey says while twirling a piece of hair on her finger and smiling.
"I think it was Daniel Shuferman" We all laugh...poor kid had to grow up with an interesting last name,
"Okay, Mallika truth or dare" Zoey smiles.
"Dare" Mallika says, with that sense of evil.
"I dare you to prank call...one of your exes from the house phone"
"Fine" so  she calls up a guy named Ben.
"Hey, Ben" she says with a seductive sounding voice.
"Um...who is this, it looks like a weird number"
"Oh Ben, this is your ........your, mother. I know what you did last week"
"Mom?" Mallika starts to giggle but calms the urge.
"Yes, you are grounded, now go and find another girl, I am forbidding you to see her"
"Fine, Bye" *beep beep beep*
Mallika smiles, "He always listens to his mommy, now he's free" then she winks at me and I blush.
"Annie, truth or dare" Mallika says.
"I want a truth" 
"Okay.....Who was your last....Big relationship with. You kept it a surprise...we wanna know"
Annie shrinks in her seat. 


© 2012 Balletmonster


Author's Note

Balletmonster
Okay Its a preview...whaddi u think...should i write more?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should definitely write more. I like the way it feels like I am being spoken to directly. You should try to avoid comma splices and overlong sentences that make the story feel like it's dragging. Also, try to use "so" less as a coordinating conjunction. Otherwise, entertaining.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012
Tags: The, book, Hidden, Connection, magic


Author

Balletmonster
Balletmonster

About
I absolutely love to write, but I am so bad at spelling and grammar. So, please forgive that. I love watching T.V. it gives me ideas of what to write about. more..

Writing