America, Be Beautiful Again!

America, Be Beautiful Again!

A Poem by Bandersnach

Here was once beautiful; so golden, so grand.

But now it is broken, so twisted-- the left's hand.

Government, Democrats,--you taint all lands!

The conservatives are crying,

While Obama folk denying

That the world we know is dying.

 

 

© 2009 Bandersnach


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The conservatives got America to this point. Track the damage back. It started at least eight years ago. The structure of line five brings the piece down I would change it to With Obama's folks denying. Its a pretty good piece all in all.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amen to that! I completely love this, and couldn't agree more with what you have written here. Our country is definitely not the same as it used to be, and you did a great job of capturing that here. What you have written here is something that many people have trouble admitting, but you see the flaws in our country and you have declared them to us all - you have a voice through poetry, and that is something to be admired.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2009
Last Updated on November 8, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Bandersnach
Bandersnach

NY



About
Not much to say about me except that writing is the only thing that I'm half-capable of doing. I realized this when a college professor exclaimed that "you are an excellent rhetoric!" and, of course, .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Bandersnach