Dreaming Alone

Dreaming Alone

A Poem by The High Priestess
"

Imagination that led to infatuation.

"
I spent another night
Just to be with you
I hug you tight
But still missing you

As I close my eyes
It's you that I see
Soon the sun will rise
Will my mind be free?

I wonder if you do
Also dream of me
Is it just the idea of you
That I feel in me?

© 2023 The High Priestess


Author's Note

The High Priestess
Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one a great deal. The idealism versus the reality of love? One is Cupid with his bow strung; shooting arrows of infatuated bliss with roses and frilly paper lace draped around a Valentine's Day card. The other is hard work, personal responsibility, accountability and sacrifice. Show me one person who wants to "fall in" the latter and I'll show you a crazy person. But love is a madness most discreet, to quote Romeo. He meant that there is method to the madness, a means to an end. Dreams are fine but reality is often a disappointment when our expectations are unrealistic. I've been in love, in lust, infatuated and obligated. But I've found my greatest happiness in surrender of myself to my duty and responsibility. It sounds insane but it is true. That's what makes my marriage work, I know; being willing to do all I can to maintain the happiness of another as I promised in my vow. It really is better to give than to receive because that is how we learn to love. Bless, F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


The High Priestess

1 Year Ago

I agree to all of that. One good thing about love is that it can be learned. Thank you for your insi.. read more
Excellent. I've been there in that situation. It's not easy.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Love is a twisted emotion. We believe in love and love will break our hearts. Thank you dear poet for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


I know this feeling very well. To dream of that one special person, wishing they were in your arms. Really nicely expressed feeling and emotions.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The High Priestess

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Will.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2023
Last Updated on February 22, 2023
Tags: Love, Infatuation

Author

The High Priestess
The High Priestess

Philippines



About
I strongly believe that our souls speak through the form of art. I love to paint as much as reading poetry. I find every writers interesting, the way that they express themselves. I want to enhance my.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..