In Love With The "LOVE"

In Love With The "LOVE"

A Poem by Lenard L. Banks III
"

This is about a man not loving the woman but him loving her powerful love for him.

"


























He’s not in love with her per say so he fails to commit,

But he does love the love that she loves him with.

 

Her smile illuminates the darken corners of his soul.

 

Her fiery touch sparks then consumes every fabric of his being.

 

Her aromatic womanly essence has his nostrils wide open.

 

Her compliments exercise the strength of his ego.

 

But the deep embedded scars of past loves made him fear being love sick,

No matter how much she loves, he always feels inadequate,

So he just loves the love she loves him with.

 

Her work ethic was that of a Hebrew slave.

 

Her sweat was his comfort.

 

Her use of elbow grease massaged his financial woes.

 

The power of her love was given to him efficiently,

Which he drained completely because his inability,

To recycle and transfer her electricity,

Her flame was no longer lit, their love was lost

Because she stops loving and he had nothing else to be in love with.

 

                    -Solo_N_Sincere-

© 2011 Lenard L. Banks III


Author's Note

Lenard L. Banks III
This is about a man not loving the woman but him loving her powerful love for him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Always sad when love is a one way street. Take two to tango to keep love alive and one to forget. To allow love to die. Thank you Lenard for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


It sounds so familiar to me.... It brought back so many emotions BUT because of you: "I AM LOVEING MYSELF FIRST NOW".... Thanks for another Powerful read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. There's not really a whole lot worse than hearing someone say, "I love the way you love me" instead of "I love you". Happens all the time too - on both sides of the coin.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I guess this is part of the human predicament. Particularly for those who know pain. What a travesty for those who forget or fear to love. They stand to lose everything. A very real and pleasurable read

Posted 13 Years Ago


"The power of her love was given to him efficiently,
Which he drained completely because his inability,
To recycle and transfer her electricity,
Her flame was no longer lit, their love was lost
Because she stops loving and he had nothing else to be in love with"

.....WOW! Powerful stuff here. Love is never exactly the way we dream it, but love in itself, is love, and worth the risk-taking! Bravo!


Posted 13 Years Ago


To be honest this is the realist shyt I ever wrote. Thank you to all the poet's on here who inspired me to dig deeper and instead of continuing to be a surface poet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! I read this and fell in love with it! Honestly, I do believe this is one the most unique poems I've read in a long time. The concept of being in love with the love someone has for you is unbelievably powerful. Although it may seem common sense to come people it makes you stop and think; reading something that makes you think like that is a blessing. I especially love the lines "The power of her love was given to him efficiently which he drained completely because his inability to recycle and transfer her electricity". Well written!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

803 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on February 23, 2011
Tags: LOVE

Author

Lenard L. Banks III
Lenard L. Banks III

Dallas, TX



About
The world with no love, creativity and wisdom is like human beings with no form of communication, it's like the earth with no forms of life form...no reason for existing. By Solo_N_Sincere more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..