Sunshine

Sunshine

A Poem by Immortal
"

S-U-N-S-H-I-N-E. A word used to describe the energy emitted by the chaotic fireball above our heads.

"
You once told me that you would love me
if the sun did not shine.
Well here it is, sun is gone,
and it refuses to shine.

My mountain defenses have crumbled
all the way to the ground.
All the way into the sea
making a melodic sound.

You once inspired me to do great things
And now that my sun doesn't shine
I have my doubts about our trip
across the great continent until we die.

Through the language of song
You told me I was the one
And through the phone
we were done. 

And so here I sit, sunless in the dark.
Echoing words of times past
I know you're gone
But that doesn't mean you've disappeared.

© 2010 Immortal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice poem all around-- the stand out lines for me are "I have my doubts about our trip/ Across the great continent until we die". This phrase says so much. I can see two people so happy together planning for a trip for the future of a lifetime-- but.. nooo "I have my doubts" sounds more like it's just not going to happen. So sad. Like I said all around nice poem but that stood out for me the most. Honest write-- well done.

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow seriously great energy in this, really paints a subtle portrait. the whole thing is oceanic for my mind's ears, yet the second and third stanzas particularly have such flow; i can hear this being read.

last phrase sucks the life out of ya! (in the best way possible)

my own thought:

'day of disappearance, duty dealt to your eyes,
and when had signed you the nearest,
i knew love again had come, and gone
disguised.'

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem all around-- the stand out lines for me are "I have my doubts about our trip/ Across the great continent until we die". This phrase says so much. I can see two people so happy together planning for a trip for the future of a lifetime-- but.. nooo "I have my doubts" sounds more like it's just not going to happen. So sad. Like I said all around nice poem but that stood out for me the most. Honest write-- well done.

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice imagery here through the use of love and sunshine compared to heartbreak and the dark

Posted 13 Years Ago


The last two lines are equally as beautiful, as they are tragic.
This, is a wonderful piece, and as with a few other of your works
I have read, your heart really comes through in your writing.
It's a joy to read.


Posted 13 Years Ago


the last line seems to give off a sense of hope, maybe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmm... the flow and rhythm is not quite consistent.. but that can be fixed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eka
Depressing, Depressing, Depressing. Just to make a point. BUT, yes there is always a but, I did particularly enjoy this piece. I love the personification of the poem and the imagery in itself was something fantastic. I loved the way you ended the poem whereas other writers seem to struggle with the ending of their poem, you do not. I have a favorite line that resonated in me, personally, and remined me of myself.

"My mountain defenses have crumbled..."

There is always that one thing that sticks out to the reader, the thing that allows the reader and writer become one. And you achieved this! Thank you for allowing me to read this.
♥E


Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful poem. your love is gone and now so is your sunshine..

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
...Most a-mazing write here. I like this..speaks of a love that went south.
Very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


sunshine is love. awesome

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

930 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010

Author

Immortal
Immortal

Haiku, HI



About
Im a musician/not-really-writer who has pipe dreams of everything. Im optimistic about almost every aspect of life and I appreciate a lot. My guitar is my life but so is my voice, couldn't live withou.. more..

Writing
Lightlock Lightlock

A Book by Immortal



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..