DAD

DAD

A Story by Barryboy22
"

Just laying here trying to sleep thinking about this so I wrote it down spose you could say I had to get it off my chest. It's a true story about my dad.....some guy I used to know.

"
In the caravan that's when he and I knew my time was up i'd soon be bored of him and our little adventures, too big to be dragged along the beach in a broken bucket, too grown up to be silenced with a bag of liquorice I was at that age he dreaded most..........teenage. 
He'd seen it twice before and told me before hand this day would come I'd reach my teenage years and become like my brother and sister grumpy and bored of him. As kids he was amazing always taking us on some crazy adventure if it was snowing In Scotland an sunny In Wales he'd drive all the way to Scotland just so we could see the snow, he'd take us camping, he'd teach us how to surf and skateboard and even let us drive his car. 
But one by one we'd get to that age where all of this stuff didn't faze us anymore we had friends and places to be. I told him I'd never get bored I'd never grow up......but I did.
It was in that caravan I realised I really was too old for this stuff he was right all along, I just wanted to go home so that's exactly what I told him. That was the longest drive home of my life....And the last time I ever saw my dad. I'm 22 years old and only now I realise how much I need him, I need him to stop me from sleeping in till four in the afternoon I need that stern voice to get me up In the mornings and out looking for work. I need him to show me how to fix my car when it won't start, I need someone to talk too but most of all I need him to show me how to be a man.......he left when i was 12 It's been ten years and I still haven't found the courage to visit his gravestone.

© 2012 Barryboy22


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is such a powerful story. Its got such strong emotions behind and it and that really shows. I was really touched by this story, and impressed with how skillfully it was written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on April 13, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2012
Tags: Family, true story, bio

Author

Barryboy22
Barryboy22

Cardiff, United Kingdom



About
Well where I do I start I'm 22 and I'm a cleaner I work nights and I clean up after events its a horrible job but on the plus side I get to see all the shows for free. I find myself thinking a lot so .. more..