I found you, Master

I found you, Master

A Story by Adishree Basnet

You don't know what you are really living for, 
Yet quietly inside your heart, 
You know you are living for something... 

There's always a thirst in your life, 
Of some unknown gift that life gives to you before it dies..... 
And this whole life, we keep on asking, 
What's the purpose of life, what is the meaning of life.... 

I've loved so often, 
I have lost just as often, 
I've looked into hearts and shared secrets, 
But still I'm in search for something to pierce my heart and tell me what I really want... 

I was travelling to a village where my father used to live. Before he died, he told me to go there once because the life in the cities is very hectic, and we forget the beauty of nature. 'Some day', he told me, 'you will want to break free of this busy pattern and go and relax somewhere far from your home'. So I went, and there I really found peace in my mind. There was something very warm in the village; as if it would tell you that you relate to the earth, as if you have seen a mirror where you look colorful. 

In my travel, I met a strange person. To start, he was a blind, and was struggling a little in his way. I approached to help him and he was very thankful to me for that. He looked so friendly. His presence was so powerful that it pulled me into him. The way he laughed, and talked so openly, I was really seeing my suppressed self in him. His face had joy written all over, he was lively. 

He said that he had come from far to meet his master. He had long wished to visit his guru, whom he spoke of like a person from beyond this earth. And said that it had been long that he had been separated from his master, and was very excited to see him after so many years. 

He said, "even when he is not with me, he is always with me, he speaks to me through air, through rain, through my laughter and my cries, through my joy and my sorrows. His words still live in my heart, every-time I find myself in trouble, he gives me courage, and every-time I'm full of happiness, he smiles with me. There are no more wishes in my life, but to meet him once." 

"I've heard that he lives in a house on one of the hilltops with his daughter. He is totally silent these days. But I'm sure he will start dancing right when he sees me." -he said. 

His love for his master was so visible like he lived inside his heart. I was amazed to see such love and such devotion. The way he walked, the way he talked, the way he shared his feelings, it was really special. I was touched by every words he spoke and every little thing he did. He had a gravity that made me feel as if I was being drawn to my own soul, my own inner being. I felt a fire inside me that wanted to burn my insecurities and fly high into the limitless sky in ecstasy. He seemed to have nothing but everything. 

By and by, as we got closer to his master's house, a deep feeling of contentment and an unknown belonging was gradually arising in me. And I was also getting excited and anxious at the same to meet his master as if he was calling me through his disciple from a faraway land of mystery. Finally, we reached the house where his master lived. But just as he knocked on the door, ready to pour all his love and pain of separation on his master's feet, the master's daughter opened the door and told us, with a deep voice and and indifferent emotion, that her father had just died a week ago. 

I was shocked hearing that. Then she also told that her father had left a mala (beeds) for a blind man whom she was sure that it was my blind friend. My wide open eyes were filled with tears. There was a deep silence. I couldn't figure out that silence of that moment but it was an absolute silence. Then we walked away without uttering a word. But just a few steps and he stopped, put the mala around his neck, and fell to the ground on his knees and prayed heart-fully, 

"Come and take me with you, come and take me with you, Come! and take me with you," 
The words were not just audible to my ears. They were vibrating in the core of my being. Right after he cried those words, it started to rain, and so heavily. Then he stood up totally and exclaimed in immeasurable joy. 

"Do you see him? 
Can you see him? 

Look, he's in this rain, 
in every drop of it, 
he is in you, 
he is in me, 
and he has heard me and taken me away" 

And he started to dance, he dance so madly, so madly, like he was not there. I had never seen anything like that in my entire life. My mind stopped totally. I, for the first time, experienced something of true beauty, something of beyond. It felt like I've tasted life for the first time. It was like a glimpse of heaven, I had no questions, I had no answers. In that rain, in his dance, in that moment which felt like eternity, I found the meaning of life, and... 

I found my master....

© 2019 Adishree Basnet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on March 21, 2019
Last Updated on March 21, 2019