Peace and quiet.... sort of.

Peace and quiet.... sort of.

A Chapter by BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

I woke up to the sound of the train passing. It's loud roaring my faithful alarm clock. 6 years that monstrous beast had been comforting me. It felt like forever when it wasn't. I got up slowly, enjoying the night while it lasted. I was nocturnal during the weekends and spent the nights doing whatever eased my thoughts. Tonight I thought about going for a swim. Boo, my pure blonde sleek cat meowed softly as I stepped over her bed and walked to the bathroom. The reflection in the mirror never changed. I always had the same platinum blonde curly long hair with the same yellow, not gold, but yellow eyes, the same perfect body. My stupid big chest and perfectly proportioned a*s didn't help my popularity. Guys would be lining up to date me, if I was a cheerleader with pink pom-poms. I took a shower and stepped into my large walk in closet. I picked out a flared skirt with ripped leggings, biker gloves, a Metalica t-shirt, my biker jacket, and my combat boots. Underneath I had an ocean blue bikini set, and in my already prepared beach bag was the see threw cover up.

"I'll be back Boo, and I'll come home with some snacks too."  

I hopped on my tricked out motorcycle and started heading for Bayville beach.

            It took a while to get there because of traffic, and half the beach was packed with drunken school kids. I walked from my bike to the dock, stopping half way in the middle. Ian Scotts and Misty Jacobs, a.k.a king and queen of Aphrodite High School, where on Ian's yacht with a bunch of their stuck up friends. I thought I might as well have some fun so I stripped down to my bikini and put my cover up on, letting the sleeves hang off my perfectly tan shoulders. I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and willed my eyes to change colors to gold. I was strange, and I could do things other people couldn't, but I loved it. I walked the rest of the way to my yacht going slower as I passed Ian and Misty. I felt all eyes on me, girls jealous and guys wishing they could tap me. Misty looked furious.

"What are you doing here? You weren’t invited." She sneered.

"I'm going to my yacht and why would I want to be?" She was too stunned to make a come back. I walked to my yacht and climbed on up to the deck. A lot of their friends looked like they wanted to join me, but to join the freak would be social suicide. I quickly started my yacht and went on my way.

            About 500 miles off the coast was an island so beautiful the only name for it was Aphrodite Island. I parked my yacht near the bank and took my row boat to the shore.

            In the middle of the island was a volcano that had long since gone dormant, and inside, behind a water fall was a beautiful moon pool, with a sky view right out the top of the volcano. I walked to the middle of the island taking my time to breathe in the smells of the ocean and the trees. I found the waterfall, so pretty and flowing. I moved behind it, making sure I didn’t touch the water. Ah, so relaxing to be in my moon room after such a long week. Tomorrow I had to be back to the Hellhole and I didn’t want to think about it. I set my stuff down, peeled off the cover and dived into the moon pool. I felt a tingling sensation all over my body, and soon my legs were replaced by a tail and my hair was streaked with blue. Thankfully I had gills in my arms so I didn’t have to resurface. The transformation had been happening since I found the island, and now every time I touched salt water I sprouted a tail. I was glad it didn’t happen with all water, then I wouldn’t be able to swim in swimming pools. I heard someone coming, scowling myself for not making sure no one followed me.



© 2012 BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on April 23, 2012


Author

BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy
BlackVeilBridesBVBArmy

Houston, TX



About
I love to Dance, to Write, and listen to music. Im open and random sometimes, my favorite color is black, I love hanging with friends. more..

Writing