The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by MiMi
"

When everything changes.

"

I walked up to the gun he held in his hand, moving it to where my heart was pounding. If she wanted me dead all she had to do was ask. Our eyes locked. His finger squeezed the trigger. “Wouldn’t want you to miss your target,” I said, my voice steady. He pulled the trigger, the gun sounded, everything went black.

The searing pain I felt in my chest as I sat up in my bed every morning made the pain I felt in my face now seem like a paper cut. Sharp, vivid and very there. I heard the threats as they smashed my head against the cement. The funny thing is that the girls doing this didn’t seem like the type that would take offense to being called a twat to their face. Apparently, they are. Luckily for me, I just so happen to be the kind of person to call them a twat to their face. So as the tip of the knife dug deeper into my cheek I focused on one thing; how small and awkward my feet must be.

When they were done I climbed into the passenger seat of my best friend’s giant, black hummer. I didn’t look at him as I shut the door. I knew the usual worried expression would be there. I could feel his gaze still on me as I put my seatbelt on. The same worried expression creasing his angelic face with worry. The same one I always saw when something happened. The one I barely even saw anymore. “MiMi, what the-” he began but I cut him off. I could feel his eyes skimming over the red cut now on my cheek, “I’m fine, just drive,” I told him. “Christ MiMi, what happened to you?” he said beginning to reach over. I pulled away, “I’m fine, Jason. JUST DRIVE.” And with that we drove out of the parking lot.

Jason used to be all mine. But that all changed when she came into the picture. When she came into our lives everything changed. Now, he’s all hers. All his attention and all of his time is devoted to her and she makes that very clear everyday when I see her face when I walk through the his doors. Everyday after school I go to Jason’s for at least an hour before I go home. A little piece of tranquility before I go home to find my father’s gambling cards scattered everywhere, my step-mother’s sleeping pills in easy-to-get-to places, my little step-brother trying to overdose on said pills and as usual, my little step-sister nowhere to be found. But since she’s there, I guess that tranquility just has to stop.

I walked straight into Jason’s bathroom, stripping myself of my clothes and ignoring her usual faked greeting. I turned on the hot water and let it wash over me. The water that seemed like rainbows raining down from his ceiling. I looked up into the rainbow filled water, ignoring the pain as the blood from my cheek reddened the beautiful water as it washed down the drain. Just as I decided to shut off the water, I heard Jason’s bedroom door open and then slam shut with the sound of her giggle echoing through my mind. Oh, that wretched giggle. As usual, she began bitching about my many flaws. Being as I had had enough of tolerating her bitching, I walked out stark naked and not caring if he was there or not. “You know what your problem is Mallory?” I began, “Your problem is that you developed too early and so you sell your body which makes you a total s**t because you know that one day your tits will sag down to your knees and not even your step-daddy will want to touch you so you b***h about everyone else to make yourself feel like less of a ho, am I in the ball park?” She stood there and looked at me with total shock. I simply walked out of Jason’s room. Thirty seconds later, I realized I forgot my towels, walked back in and said, “I forgot....yeah I forgot my towels.” Grabbing the towels and wrapping them around myself I walked briskly back out. Five seconds later, I realized that I had forgotten clothes. I walked back in, looked at Jason and said, “I forgot f*****g damn clothes.” He handed me a handful of his clothes and I put them on, then walked vigorously back out of his room.



© 2010 MiMi


Author's Note

MiMi
Ignore grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this becuase of the title, why did you name it after the band, or well the guy? and more to the point the whole thing about Mallory being a total s**t is copied nearly word for word from a family guy episode. I guess I like the way you write but I dont get the start bit with the gun, if its like a sort of epilogue type thing then put a space between that and the rest of it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I accidently deleted it once -.-

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2010


Author

MiMi
MiMi

Wenatchee, WA



About
Name: Miranda Nicknames: Rayne, Bow, RayneBow, B***h, Hey You, Face, Mirandaface, Mirandabearr, MiMi Age: Stay seventeen more..

Writing
Shots Shots

A Chapter by MiMi


Rush Hour Rush Hour

A Chapter by MiMi