A New Chance

A New Chance

A Chapter by Ashley N. Philyaw
"

Pain is something felt by all creatures, but after a million years of living with built up emotion it was finally time to released it all...

"
|A| What was she going to do? Ashley needed to do something quickly, the pain was starting back up again, it was coming back. Why did she even allow her self to be partly sober? The sound of her feet stomped along the ground moving around the crowds of people, she wore a large old brown baggy coat, it covered all of her body from head to toe. Yes it was hard to see but like most dragon's Ashley didn't need to see in order to know she was going or walking. It was a damn shame, she wasn't allowed in her own bar, The Red Cherry. A place she helped build. They told her she needed to stop drinking, go home and get better but did she? No, she went to another place till they were dry and kicked her out, one after another she was wasting away. Each time more and more pain following getting larger but that wasn't the start of it, hell no it just had to getting better and better. With her tongue numb and her thoughts frozen Ashley couldn't handle it much longer. "Why isn't it working..." She questioned her self, why wasn't the sake working any more. In a last chance with her family Ashley drank with them one after another giving them each a moment to remember the old her before she set off on her plan. Which was to really just disappear. Though things had never been on Ashley's side.

The final person she went to drink with was a man called Deathwielder. She had learned of him from a sol. Turns out this Deathwielder had sake off the a*s loud. He could have just what she wanted. The real love of her life, Sake. Though when she arrived to the man's house she was stroke with a strange emotion one she had long tried to forget. The emotion called "Desire" Cousin to "Lust" No she didn't want that, she wanted to get the sake and leave. But as she spoke to the man the emotion grew, to the point she was shaking she wanted to leap on him, take him as she had done to her first love. Ashley's eyes opened wide, that's who he reminded her of. Her blue thief, Ashley stood up smirking to the man before her. She gave him a small wink and turned from the table the two sat at. Why was she having this jolt of energy? It was unsure but before she had even gotten to sip the sake of could have helped her for the better she took off in the other way. Half way down the mountain she started to sob, crying her heart out while the pain ranked her body. There was no time left. There wasn't a shine in her life like when she first met her only love and his smile kept flashing before her eyes till she was calling out his name.

There was no respond other then the cool gentle breeze of the world. If you die does the world stop moving? No it keeps going, regardless who leaves her. Ashley had lived through it all this they simple words but after so long, the was repeating again. That night Ashley was alone walking in the forest near her kingdom, the haunted graveyard of her old friends. The people in there were not older then she but near around the same age just been on this spot of land longer. Ashley came walking through, the smell of sake pouring off her body like a river. She didn't care. The reason she was here was to speak to her Dragon God. She neared his temple, of course when she first walked in there she was allowed to his room without asking. She knew the path to take and in the current mood, she wasn't in the mood for bullshit. Ashley opened the door to his room, and of course not a normal person could just see him, To a normal person they would only see a large golden statue but to Ashley the statue was moving breathing large amounts of smoke free of it's large nostril. The Dragon God looked down at Ashley and chuckled loudly. The sound vibrating the temple as the birds flew clear from the forest. "What are you doing here dear child?". The sound of his voice was so charming yet deadly...Just like hers.

"My Lord...Have I not been good to you? Have I not served you the best I could. Have I displeased you?" The large dragon simply looked at her, he held no anger in his eyes no sign of what he was thinking, unlike the female dragon behind him, she was drunk clearly even over the point where a dragon could go, it was surprising she was standing, even awake. This one always had a way to shock him, when she was younger and had came to him asking for a sword he laughed at her and sent her away though she stood brave and strong ready to do what it took and lasted much longer then anyone before her. Still this wasn't a good thing for her to be lashing out upon him. His mouth didn't move as he spoke, it didn't have to, ant the moment her mind was so perfectly open he could see what she was planing, what she was thinking. He shook his head in shame seeing into her eyes. They emotion was clear, she was in pain. She was feeling so helpless and weak, suddenly Ashley stopped walking and turned toward him walking up to him she placed her hands onto her hips staring up at the large beast most would run from but not her. She wanted a answer. He sighed lightly, a faint white glow expanded from her body. Til the point where the light blinded Ashley's view.

When the light was gone a tall man at 6'9 was standing before her. His hair was like white snow in straight lines down his body. Floating out around him like a cloud. His bright red eyes looking down at Ashley. She looked back seeing him for the first time in a human form. He was wearing a large gold colored robe that matched Ashley's. And his face details were as if angles themselves made it. Thin white eye brows that stuck out well against his tanned like skin. So flawless and smooth, Ashley's eyes looking him up and down, she felt like crying, this was her god standing before her but he had the larger need to cry. His own was before him in such a sorrow, so much pain and what had he done to stop or change that. He could control fate but Ashley had told him not to touch her's she wanted to be the person that did everything for her so now that she was hear asking him why life sucked why things where happening the way they were. It was her fault truthfully. He opened his mouth opening his arms to her as he did so, "My child it is your own fault things happened. For I have not touched your sphere since the day you asked me not to. I can only pick up where I left off, nothing else..".

Ashley choked back tears. Yeah she knew that was true, she knew everything was her fault. Ashley cupped her face and slowly walked over to him, sobbing hard like she had when leaving Deathwielder house. Walking slowly into his embrace Ashley wrapped her arms around his waist. The God had never hugged anyone other then his own wife, she was just like Ashley, so alive and spunky. It hurt to see her like this but what could he do now? The fate was all in her own hands. If he tried something now it could make things harder. He wrapped his arms around her slender body, picking her up like a small child and embraced her back, such a sweet girl. Life shouldn't suck this badly for a woman like this, a woman that opened her arms to anyone, one that would risk it all for a stranger just to see them smile and have a good day regardless if she got hit in the process of it. As he held her there he moved forward. In three steps he vanished with Ashley. He knew what she was planing and was going to help with it in a twist, he would have control over her fate this time to make sure nothing like this ever happened again. Ashley didn't feel his moments but did feel a sudden breeze wash over her like rain.

They were in her room high above the ground. His eyes were on the dragon unhatched dragon eggs, they were warm and full of live, it seemed even in her drunk habits she still was a good mother. Ashley opened her eyes slowly seeing her room now. She was staring at the window when he suddenly spoke to her. "Ashley gather the eggs..a pen and paper as well..." He softly set her down upon the ground, she was wise and did as he said. Walk gracefully came over to the twin eggs. Smiling lightly she ran her fingers lightly against the surface of the eggs. The milky white. Ashley remember the day Alex had given them to her a long with Midnight who came into the room wagging his tail at the two of them. He gave a sudden yelp and sat beside the Dragon God who in return bent down and patted the top of his head. Ashley swiftly lifted both eggs in her hand. Holding them to her chest while walking back to the dragon god. He smiled warmly looking at the two newest members of the Haru family back alive on this Earth. He opened his arms again letting Ashley walk in to his embrace. It wasn't long till Ashley, the two eggs, and yes even the dog were standing at the door of the man named Alex.

Ashley reached for the door knob and suddenly stopped. She couldn't move, Ashley jolted back panting hard holding her right hand over her chest while the Dragon God simply stared at her strangely as she staggered back toward him. He knew what was wrong a second later. He stepped toward the door and entered without a problem, what had happened to Ashley? Well the power of love kept her from the house, she could not touch it in such bitterness toward Alex. Ashley had to get a good 10 feet from the house before she was able to breathe again. What was wrong with that house, surely someone had done something to it. A couple of seconds later the dragon god came out, walking to her empty handed. "Go on boy. Get in there and protect those eggs!" He was talking to the dog of course, Midnight whimpered softly at first then staggered on in to the house. The door closed while the dog went to the eggs and sat down, it was his mission to watch over Ashley and the eggs though he felt complied to obey him. Ashley stood there looking at the house, she was trying to be happy. The children would be fine, she cursed softly under her breath while she turned her back to the small home.

"I'm ready..." Ashley said calmly stripping free from the clothing once on her body. Removing her robe and stepping out of the circle it had formed around her. Now in only a thin white outfit Ashley wasn't ashamed of her body, had never been before till now a days. The dragon god was bend over writing something on the ground next to her. The white chalk he held was dragon blood crushed up into a solid. The chalk was used for making spells of the sort. When he was finished he stood up looking toward her with his finger pointed out toward the center. "Get in the center sit down and wait till I tell you the rest." He walked back a good foot before turning back around toward her, Ashley was just getting in the center and sitting down then chains suddenly sprang from the white chalk. Ashley gasped being pinned down so she could not move. She struggled though still trying to remain calm. Ashley's hand pinned back behind her body while her legs were to the side opened so her butt was against the ground. What was happening, all she wanted to do was forget. What was going on? "Stop fighting it my little dragon. I'm going to take it all away..I'll make you pure again.."

Ashley's eyes opened wide not sure what he meant by that. Cursing loudly she roared suddenly trying to sit up but it was to much for her body to handle she couldn't do it. The chains around her wrist and neck started to tug her back till she was bent backwards with her arched up in the air. The dragon god stood up and walked over to the young beauty. She was so lovely, a gentle soul that was thrown into chaos the moment she wanted to be her own master. His fingers starting from her belly button lightly traced a thin line up her chest. Ashley roared again, a bright honey color flashing in her eyes. She didn't want to be touched, never again by anyone! His finger tips stopped at the opened space between her breast. He stood above her looking down at the wonder sight. Her body really was something else. It was perfect, the very meaning of desire but that's not what he was looking at. It was more of the spot his hand was. Ashley started to sob lightly, she knew what he was getting. He was going to take her memory. But the dragon god had something even better in store for her, his hand suddenly pressed into her flesh. till Ashley groaned in pain. He spoke so softly, the warm in his voice calming the sleeping dragon within her. "Open up my little one...Give it to me!"

His voice echoed through out her mind as she did like she was told. In the same spot where his hand was, her chest started to open softly like a zipper down the space between her breast like a pouch. This was the same place she kept her heart, the one given to her by Darkness. His hand sink in quickly like he was being pulled. Four twisted hands sprung out gripping around his forearm trying to take him in, what was this? It was the bitterness, it was the evil in her soul turning her in to a monster. The dragon god's hand cliched tightly around a handled like box. He gripped it tightly and ripped it free from her chest, the hands shriveling back into the hole while he held the box in one hand. The box was small though it was covered in black goo from within her. Ashley went limp in the chains, her eyes opened wide while she jolted up lightly. He must hurry. Knelling down before her he wiped away the black gel like substance and worked on opening the box. As he opened the box he thought for a second his eyes were lying to him. In the box was a heart. Not her emotions but a heart. He looked at Ashley in shocked, how this woman could shock so many gods was countless.

He stood up holding the heart in his palms. It was beating, he held it out toward Ashley and she started to breath again, then as he pulled it away Ashley's body jolted a few times then stopped lifeless. There were a lot of questions that needed to be answered but first he would have to clean her memory and her heart. Ashley was in a dead like state at the moment she might not feel this but he was going to destroy the heart. Not knowing it was linked to Alex now, his hands crushed the heart while Ashley released a loud roar from her mouth, she would make another it would take awhile but her own body would make replacement. Ashley's body started to shiver. She was dead at the moment really but her body was still reaction to touch, the dragon in Ashley was at the moment in control and it was not happy. Ashley's body suddenly started to jolt upward till her bones popped. The dragon god stood up and placed the bottom of his foot against her chest pushing her back down. "You will be silent do you hear me!!" He kicked at her chest sending her body back down hard to the ground, the dragon started to breath hard roaring louder as she did so. Clearly she wasn't pleased with being locked up so long. The dragon god sighed softly. Even the Ashley's dragon seal was turning so evil and bitter.

He bent down beside her, sitting there on his knees he reached in his hand to the opened hole. Reaching his hand as far as it would go while she struggled under the feeling. The black hand reached out taking a hold of his head trying to pulled him in. He cursed loudly. He wasn't able to pull away, and if he didn't he was going to be sucked up in to her darkness. His teeth gridded along one another as he gave a savage roar. It was like the whole earth got quite for a second fearing his might. His hand opened up wide, his fingers spread out inside her.  "Ashley my little dragon-"  His words were cut off with a sudden jerk from the hands around his head and back. He was struggling now to keep away now, he tugged harder back while shouting out his final words. "I'M SORRY FOR ALL PAIN YOU WENT THROUGH ASHLEY!! I'LL MAKE IT ALL BETTER!!" A energy blast went off in her body. The once empty space was now filled with the evilness of her soul, she would never be able to live on with even a slightest bit of her memory it really was just best to clear it all. The energy blast was like a sun of hope to the misery in her, blasting away all the sin. All her memories.

He was finished, he pulled his hand out and fell back panting softly, building up a sweat on this one, he was always happy to help out one of his children. The seal under her faded as she simply fell back on the ground like a petal floating in the breeze. Such a beautiful graceful movement to the ground. She was on the ground like she was sleeping but not only that her hair had changed. It was no longer chocolate brown but a dark jet black. Her skin looked healthier but not only that she looked so happy. Her skin was glowing like a rosebud. With all the stress gone she was finally free. He smirked lifting himself up from the ground. Floating up, in his hands was a small paper. The one he told Ashley to get before they left her house. He closed his eyes and started to write a couple of things down on it and when he was done he let the paper go, it landed on her tummy as he vanished. The female laying on the ground was sleeping so deeply. In perfect peace, she would wake later, till then she was going to be having the first best dream of her life. A whole new life was set before her, a born again virgin the only change from her then and new looks was the black hair and green eyes, the blue dragon seal was still there and on the back of her neck was the Dragonheart bloodline seal as well. |A|


© 2014 Ashley N. Philyaw


Author's Note

Ashley N. Philyaw
A story created by me with my characters!
Older Teen Only!
Please don't steal any of my ideas or characters!
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved reading your story. ... :-)

Wow, kind of reminded me of the troubles I had going through my divorce and then my second chance at life after therapy.

Therapy, made me who I am today. ...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2014
Tags: dragon, pain, new, start


Author

Ashley N. Philyaw
Ashley N. Philyaw

Houston, TX



About
Writing is very therapeutic to me sometimes I might write about love and adventure and other times I want to give advice. It doesn't matter how you got here what matters is what you take from this. Li.. more..

Writing