Gas Station Sandwich

Gas Station Sandwich

A Story by Be Dubs
"

Think about it.

"

The man or woman that does not think, what a strange thing to say…hmm… perhaps they are brain dead. Maybe they suffered some terrible accident where they remain in a vegetable state and their lives are dependent on the breathing apparatus at their bedside. That in a clinical sense is a great of example of someone that doesn’t think. Great, lets think past convention for a moment and I will explain what I’m on about.

 

            If someone does something, lets say purchase a readymade sandwich at a gas station, they usually will notice that their choice of sandwiches is limited to a couple deli meats with the same cheese and white bread, with the same diagonal cut. Not a big choice to be made here, it wont cause you to go broke…hopefully, you know it won’t taste good, unless you were recently released from prison, and its sole purpose in life is to hold you off till the next meal. So you buy it, eat it and move on about your day, right?

 

For most yes, for me and to my understanding a select few, the thought put in to the seemly thoughtless sandwich can take me, what seems like a mental eternity. Weird right? Whatever you say, its how my brain works. Through experience and change in my life I’ve come to keep an extreme mindfulness with a many great things. Analyzing things to a great extent has prevented me from making bad decisions in a multitude of situations and even kept me from certain death in motorcycle collisions. So what’s the problem? You might ask. Well it’s the application of the so called “useful” analytic brain patterns that make buying that worthless gas station sandwich almost, in a word difficult. Its not that I feel I cant make the choice, or really care how I make it in the first place. It’s the ever-present thought that I might just be missing something in life. Maybe its best to just go with the flow and stop “thinking” so much or even stop it all together and just trust my brain and my instincts to guide me. Just buy the sandwich and walk out, not considering anything but the present.

 

To my understanding the vast majority of people will have extreme difficulty relating to this process and its not to say it’s a better way of doing things that they can’t understand, rather its quite the opposite. I envy anyone that can live day by day. Maybe even by the hour just being dragged around at the nose by life, perusing and thing of current interest and never looking back. But what is best?

© 2013 Be Dubs


Author's Note

Be Dubs
I wanna Hear thoughts on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013
Tags: Thought, questions, gas station, sandwich

Author

Be Dubs
Be Dubs

Baltimore, MD



About
I enjoy questions, answers, thoughts, and new ideas. Got any? more..

Writing