Lady In White

Lady In White

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

There's one 'demon' I can be thankful for.

"

A lady dressed in white

Like an angel she sings

Sweet soft lullabies

With her gentle protective wings

 

Walking through the fog

In the clouded misty air

Through the light of the darkness

Ending my nightmare

 

Peaceful and serene

In her garden of flowers

Whispering so softly

As I lie in myself for hours

 

The shades of red roses

To match her hair

Floating through the clouds

Singing away the despair

 

Drying away

My broken tears

In this heavy heart of mine

Filled with sorrows and fears

 

Shielding me with her wings

Through the moonlit night

When I hear her sweet voice

I know everything will be all right

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Out of all the demons in my own mind, there is a lady dressed in white that comes to me when I'm at my darkest in my dreams. I assume she's my guardian angel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm not sure how you say this is a demon since demons - as far as anything I've ever learned about them - don't bring blessings or gentleness of any kind, but just the opposite. What you describe sounds loving and protective and I hope the "gift" you speak of them bringing is one of healing and not of death as at least of your previous reviewers said. I guess we all see different meanings in things, which is one of the great things about writing anyway. I always like it when someone sees something in my work that I wasn't even aware of or had considered. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved how you just put all of this awesome imagery together to effectively produce this very vivid and omgosh...just amazing portrait of this guardian angel...
dang, i absolutely loved the slow pace of it and at the end it just explains everything.
it was soothing and calming and a lot of emotions, and for the most part took little to no thought to convey such a beautiful image of an angel.

just dang.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Rachel, as I don't believe the beautiful picture you have woven of this creature, could be a demon. Demons don't bring us peace. I do believe the angelic presence you talk about is, as you suspect in your Author's note, a guardian angel. The imagery was perfect. Very well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

im not so sure, blackbirdsong! demons do all sorts of things...the diff is that their comfort is to suit a selfish purpose.
But i like the idea of ur mind projecting an angel of sorts to help u thru difficult periods...defense mechanism, maybe? Something ur subconscious devised to prevent u from going insane?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh this is just so very awesome!
I love the way you wrote it very sure of what you had to say.
Talented you are.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Your poem is picture perfect. Not one thing to change; visuals, brightness, hope, sadness are all touched upon skillfully.

Very good. I truly enjoyed reading it.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow, what a dreamland you have! It seems that you have an Angel looking over you. Take Care ~ BL

Posted 16 Years Ago


Lovely visuals, such a great poem, as always wonderful work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Ooo......... I like this... you have such great imagery in this poem! It could see it in my mind... Also it's a great thought that she's there to protect you... Great Job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


A most beautiful and descriptive write so nicely penned my friend~Fran

Posted 16 Years Ago


Such a visual piece. I felt as if i slipped into your mind and was witnessing your dreams take place. i think you captured that wonderfully. I think the lady in white is something more than she appears. But you are the only one that will know for sure. I loved this and think you really did an amazing job with this.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1236 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye


The "F" Word The "F" Word

A Story by Rain


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain