Jersey Shore Summer

Jersey Shore Summer

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

Rambling thought about summer and my home at the Jersey Shore. After a dark dreary day at the boardwalk.

"

I remember...the sweet smells of the Jersey Shore filling the breezy ocean air crisping and tingling at your senses with the feeling of a good pizza slice, or salty boardwalk fries jiggling along in your belly as you walk the boardwalk.

 

A season I so barely get to enjoy.

 

All the 'bennies' have gone home and there is no one to play around as the boardwalk falls dead in the silence of whispers of recent lost lives engulfed in the raging seas, and forgotten memories of summer romances buried in the seashells along the shore. As the ocean taunts with shady darkness of dark blue waters, where demonic fish seem to be lurking around waiting for their next meal. A brave one that wishes to ride the frozen waves just for fun.

 

But there's something about the mystery that hides within it's shadows - hidden secrets -  a calmness as fall approaches with pumpkin aromas filling the salty brisk air. Leaves changing colors to a never-ending sea of yellows and reds bringing a sense peace to a nearly flood ravaged land from too many storms in our path.

 

I miss summer.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this poem. I like to read poem from different parts of the USA. Each with a different feel. I like the feel of East coast in this poem. Names and location took me to Jersey. I like the strong ending to the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


As the seasons change, we learn to see another and ourselves in new ways. Where the air carries a mixed flavor of summer romances and demonic fish, we realize that we tread a careful path between the excitability of the passions and the equanimity of the mind. Perhaps that's the secret. A great write about what is!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've visited the Jersey Shore a few times. I feel like you took me back to those days. Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great nostalgic story. I could almost feel like I was there too. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very good, loved this poem, happy i came aross this today, it reminded me of one of my favorite writers Hubert Selby Jr.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent potrayal of the dual nature of water - at times, calm and serene, and otherwise, 'raging' and destructive. How our tiny bubbles of life linger around its mysterious depths, lost in our own worlds of joy or sorrow. Wonderfully penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


the end of a season and the beginning of another, introspective and vivid...

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful and so well described I could actually see it x

Posted 12 Years Ago


woah... this is so touching. I enjoyed reading this and its also brilliant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is brilliant. :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

969 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2011
Last Updated on September 30, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..