Harassing The Web

Harassing The Web

A Poem by Alicia Hirshey

“If you bully somebody face to face, and they get upset, you see them cry and be hurt. When it's over the Internet, you can't see the emotional reaction and go along thinking it's no big deal.” Robin Kowalski
~*~*~*~
Jealous markups
Hatred plea
Endless battle
You’ve waged on me
Mind games stirring
Poets delight
Won’t run me down
This is not a fight
*
Easily ignoring
Anger spilling onto my page
Endlessly hoping
You will go away
Empty threats
Fear for my life
This isn’t the way
I choose to survive
*
Uncharted chapter
In this book you have spelt
Notion upon notion
Hiding what I felt
Giving you everything
I now refuse to flee
Never not knowing
What I was meant to be
*
Harassing messages
Texts cause me pain
Refusing to let you win this game
Losing my friends
And loved ones dear
I will not run
You want break me from here
*
Countless lessons
I’ve tried to teach
Savior or angel
Practice what you preach
Endless longing
Where to go from here
Refusing to give in
You won’t shake me with fear
*
Jealous markups
Hatred plea
Endless battle
You’ve waged on me
Mind games stirring
Poets delight
Won’t run me down
This is not a fight

© 2011 Alicia Hirshey


Author's Note

Alicia Hirshey
Cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.
Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it is generally defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.
Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying and cyberharassment are sometimes used interchangeably, but for the purposes of this chart, cyberbullying is used for electronic harassment or bullying among minors within a school context. Recent cyberbullying legislation reflects a trend of makaing school districts the policy enforcers of such misconduct. As a result, statutes establish the infrastructure for schools to handle this issue by amending existing school anti-bullying policies to include cyberbullying or electronic harassment among school age children. The majority of these state laws establish sanctions for all forms of cyberbullying on school property, school busses and official school functions. However, some have also extended sanctions to include cyberbullying activities that originate off-campus, believing that activities off-campus can have a chilling and disruptive effect on children's learning environment. The sanctions for cyberbullying range from school/parent interventions to misdemeanors and felonies with detention, suspension, and expulsion in between. Some of these laws promote Internet safety education or curricula that covers cyberbullying.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes it is and we have a cyberstalker here. Abusedsurvivor and whatever she calls herself now. She is deranged and has made my life a living hell but I will not be stopped from writing and publishing my work. Ali Gay, I hope you don't let anyone stop you either.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ali such a sad thing to see here .I have written onthis subject once. I am glad to see you are standing up for yourself.
This is one of your best works as well

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brilliant!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting. The presence of such acts seems to be exploding in numbers. It is a matter that must not be ignored. Too bad too few people actually care and the victims are left alone and helpless under the cruel oppressing shade.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Another good poem. I can feel what you feel to a certain extent because I have experience some of what this poem says. I really like that you throw the message out there with no sugarcoating, just simple, truthful words without the unnecessary babbling that some writers do.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

757 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011

Author

Alicia Hirshey
Alicia Hirshey

Hartford City, IN



About
Short&&to the point -Aliciaa//Smitten//Mother more..

Writing
Hyde Hyde

A Poem by Alicia Hirshey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..