Going USA....

Going USA....

A Chapter by Beauty lily

Sanjana always wanted to go abroad and complete her master's there . It was a 2 years long program with IT training in a reputed company. Sanjana also knew that she will never get the permission hence she dropped the idea and never thought of it again atleast not until she got her acceptance letter a month ago but she couldn't do anything about it so she hid the letter in her drawer and never opened it again.
Next day after the happy dinner with her family made by her she went to have her breakfast. To reward her for good cooking her family members decided to gift her. When she sat on the table her grandfather asked her, 'My child why are you looking so gloomy today so early in the morning? ' To not upset everyone early in the morning she said ,' I couldn't sleep well last night .'
Her grandfather in a panic asked the servants to change the bed and replace it with new ones. She said that she was fine and asked the servants to continue there work. Her grandfather then handed her an envelope and said ,'Then you might sleep well after seeing this.' She opened the envelop and to her surprise she found a ticket to Washington, a house key and address and most importantly her acceptance letter from the American university. She got stupefied and when she came back to reality she found herself dancing and screaming all round the house .after calming herself she asked her grandfather how he came to know about her dream . The old man said that 'It was all your brother who told us about your dream and aspirations. He was preparing us from the day you got your letter . After deep thoughts we permitted him asked to make all the necessary arrangements. '
She knew that it might be brother but was extremely delighted with the confirmation. She promised everyone to video call them twice everyday until her return as per her grandfather's wish .
Everyone started preparing for sanjana's departure as her course began from next Monday and her flight was after 3days . Everyone checked and rechecked all the things needed. Her passport, visa and other documents were prepared by her father and brother. And soon it was time for her departure. Everyone went to see her off at the airport. Sanjana and Aarav were ready to leave. Yes ,her brother was going with her to ensure her safe arrival and settlement in US.
Sitting on the international flight for 8 hour long journey she murmured to herself ,'Here I come US..'..


© 2020 Beauty lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on March 30, 2020
Last Updated on March 30, 2020

Destined to be together


Author

Beauty lily
Beauty lily

Kolkata, Kakurgachi, India



Writing