He liked Rajasthani food...

He liked Rajasthani food...

A Chapter by Beauty lily

Sanjana was a bit confused about what she should cook so she decided to ask Aryan what she should cook. 
Seeing her confused Aryan asked ' What are you thinking ' 
' I was thinking to ask you what would you like to eat .'
'Ohh....' after thinking for some time he asked ,' You are from Rajasthan, ,right?  Will you cook a Rajasthani dish. ' he was shy at first but finally he said ,' I ..like Rajasthani food. '
She was a bit shocked bit reconfirmed, ' You really like eating Rajasthani food ?'
'Why...you have a doubt? 
'No.. but as someone born and brought up in Mumbai that to in a wealthy family I thought you might not like eating greasy food so...'
' But you forgot one thing ...'
' I'm a Punjabi...'
She quickly understood his meaning and nodded in an agreement and smilingly said ' I'm also a bit homesick so I will cook an authentic Rajasthani meal tomorrow . ' 
....
The next day she woke up early and went to the market to collect her ingredients and veggies required for the meal. It took her 2 hrs to complete the shopping. 
She went home with two big bags of the purchase and sat them on the kitchen platform. 
She quickly grabbed the apron and played some music and started working . Very quickly colourful dishes were present in the containers with a beautiful garnish making it so tempting.
Rajasthan is famous is mostly two things , first it's historic and scenic beauty and second it's colourful and traditional food and culture.
She cooked a proper Rajasthani meal* with - Gatte ki sabzi , Dal Batti Churma , Roti , Fried Rice and a Rice custard garnished with kesar , pistachio and almonds. 
Just with one look it was mouth-watering scene with such temptation of its aroma .
The food had such a aroma it could easily mesmerise anyone.
Within less than 2 hrs she cooked the meal leaving a meal full her friend Muskaan. 
She quickly packed everything ,cleaning the platform she left for Aryan's place.  She generally liked taking public transportation but she decided to take her bike today .
...
....


© 2020 Beauty lily


Author's Note

Beauty lily
* If the readers every visit Rajasthan or have visited they know the authenticity of this meal . This meal is the traditional meal of Rajasthan signifying it's culture . It's a mixture of all the tastes that is sweet ,sour and spicy.
It's not about only Rajasthani food . All over the India each and every place has its unique traditions and culture which are very well displayed in its food.
I'm proud to be a part of such a country. Sharing it's culture and traditional values each and every day....😁😁😁😁

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on April 9, 2020
Last Updated on April 9, 2020

Destined to be together


Author

Beauty lily
Beauty lily

Kolkata, Kakurgachi, India



Writing