Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Bec

Apparently I was very wrong about just who had posted my bail… It was supposed to have been Rocko, however it was Spike who posted for my bail. Not sure why and neither was Greg, Finningan however, knew more then he was telling. As usual.

“Wait, your not even going to tell me why?” I asked as I walked beside him out of the Precinct.

“Nope. Come on Scott, keep up with us.” Spike called behind him. He had bailed Scott out too, difference is he told Scott why.

“Oh come on! That is so not fair, how come he gets to know why he’s been bailed out by you? It’s not like I didn’t have someone who could have bailed me out! Look Spike, it’s not that I’m not grateful, I am, but in my experience people just don’t do things out of the goodness of their hearts, there’s always something in it for them.”

“I’m sorry you feel that way Rae, but I’m not feeling inclined to give you my reasons. The point of the matter is my place is the safest place for you to be right now, no one knows where it is so no one can find it. Your lawyer didn’t seem to have a problem with this arrangement and neither did Judge Ennis. I’m officially your Guardien Miss Dragoon, so you best get used to the idea. Here they are!” Spike stopped walking about a block away from the Police Station, there waiting for us were a group of twelve bikers. “Alright guys, I’d like you two to meet my friends. Let’s see we’ve got Cori, Harley, Scuzz, Meatloaf, Chopper, Breeze, Ballz (not what you think trust me), Army, Geo, Bastien, Lifer, and Wolf. Guys these are my new Wards, Rea and Scott. Scott You’ll be riding with Wolf and Rea you’re with Cori. Where’s my bike?”

“Right over there Spike.” Cori said rolling her eyes, did I mention that she was the only girl in this biker gang? Well I wasn’t looking forward to riding with her, not because I didn’t trust her riding skills but because she was wearing a belly top. And I had no sleeves on this outfit. I usually try to avoid skin contact with people who don’t know me well enough. It’s safer that way.

It took two hours to get to Spikes house, which I might add was out in the middle of nowhere. No safer place except maybe six feet under. “Wow, Rae are you alright?” Cori asked me as I dismounted, Before I could answer her I had to run to the nearest bush and hurl, to much exposure. “Come on now my riding isn’t that bad.” She said with a comforting smile.

“No it’s not that, it’s… just some thing I ate that’s all, I’ll be fine in a few.” I lied to her.

“You’re sure?”

“Oh yeah happened the last time I ate in lock up too. I just need to lie down for a bit.”

“Alright I’ll help you inside.” She said reaching for my hand.

“NO! .. Sorry I mean No that’s alright I can manage, If you could just get the door?”

“Sure thing hun…” She said uncertainly, we had been the last to arrive at Spikes house so no one was out side with us during that particular incident. Cori led me to the house and Spike told her where I could stay, he had an extra room at the top of the stairs waiting for me. “Just call if you need anything ok Hun? I’ll be here a while longer yet.”

“Thanks.” I told her as I flopped down on the empty bed, with in minutes I was sound asleep.

“Rea I think we need to talk. Cori left here pretty upset yesterday, you wouldn’t know anything about that now would you?” Spike asked me the next day After I woke up.

“Yes I do. That seems to happen a lot arround me.” I sighed into my Cherrio’s loaded with a mountain of sugar.

“I can’t have you insulting my friends Rea, I know your going through an interesting time right now but come on girly. All she did was let you ride on her bike to my home.”

“Damnit…I didn’t mean to insult her, it’s just…. Complicated.”

“Complicated? Complicated how?”

“I can’t tell you…”

“Why not?”

“Because she doesn’t want the legion to find out that she’s a …” My brother cut in.

“Rocko! What are you doing? They have spies every where!” I yelled at him, throwing my spoon to make a point.

“Can I help you friend?” Spike asked with a raised Eyebrow.

“Sorry dude, My name is Rocko Dragoon, I’m Rea’s big brother.”

“That’s nice, do you make it a habit to walk into strangers homes with out an invite?”

“When my sister’s involved, yes. Rea, I’ve checked him out, he’s got no ties to the Legion, it’s safe to tell him.”

“It’s not him I’m worried about.” I said shifting my eyes toward the basement door.”

“Alright hold up, first off how did you find my house, second what are you talking about?”

Instead of answering Rocko rolled over to the basement door and opened it, Scott immediotly fell on his face, “What do we have here?”

“Scott, your ride to work will be here in two seconds, are you ready yet?” Spike asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Almost…” Scott said as he picked himself of the ground. As he spoke a knock came at the open door; Bastien was waiting there. Scott had no choice but to leave right then because Bastien was a lot bigger then him and looked very impatient.

“Right now, what’s going on?” Spike said as his front door was closed.

“Rea?” My brother asked me.

I sighed, “Oh all right, I’m a telepath and a silver blood.” That’s all my brother knew so that was all Spike needed to know.

“Come again?”

“She’s telepathic, she can read minds Spike.”

“Whether I like it or not.” I said as I got up to get another spoon, “People won’t beable to tell that I’m in their minds unless I speak to them in their minds. I can block out the thoughts arround me to a certain extent, but surface thoughts have away of jumping out at me if the thoughts are strong enough. What happened yesterday was … hard to explain. You see when a telepath comes into physical contact with another person it gives them unlimited access to that persons thoughts, both inner and surface thoughts, feelings, hopes, fears, and the like. It’s not a pleasant process for the telepath let me tell you. Normally a few seconds, like if I were shaking someones hand or giving a hug, is nothing. I’ll get a bit of a headache or something to that extent. But I spent two hours in direct skin contact with Cori, that is why I threw up and slept for 15 hours, it’s really draining.”

“Alright so who’s this legion you don’t want to find this out? A legion of telepaths?”

“Not quite…” Rocko and I spent the next couple of hours filling Spike in on all he needed to know as my new guardien.



© 2009 Bec


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

Bec
Bec

Whitby, Canada



Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Bec


The Light The Light

A Poem by Bec


Tears Tears

A Poem by Bec