Famous and Shameless: Chapter Three

Famous and Shameless: Chapter Three

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Going to be short and mainly just a pointless chapter...

"
Nate is slumped down in the uncomfortable chairs backstage. He takes a sip from his Jack then a puff of his cigarette. His eyes are distant, there's something on his mind. This thing has been on his mind for months.
It's Kat. Nate can't figure out how to stop thinking about her all the time. He doesn't know why he is constantly remembering moments of their walk together. It's been three months. If she was any other girl he would have just forgotten about her. But she is Kat, and Nate is afraid that he is in love with her.
'You only knew her for a few hours, stop being stupid.' Nate angrily thinks to himself.

Kat quickly checks her email. It's late and she needs sleep, but work never stops sending her emails. She scrolls through the list quickly. One email catches her eye. Make Your Move-January 2nd. She stares at the subject for a little bit.
"No way." Kat mutters. Penelope stops reading to look at her.
"What?" Penelope asks.
"You know that Nate guy I told you about?" Kat opens the email. "I have an interview with his band in a few weeks."
"No way!" Penelope throws her book on the table and leans over Kat's shoulder to read the email. "You know what this means?" She says.
"What?" Kat looks away from the computer screen to face Penelope.
"You need a hair cut." Penelope states with a small laugh.
"No I don't. I'm not going to get all prettied up for a drunk a*s stoner." Kat glares at Penelope. Deep down, however, she can't stop smiling. She is going to see Nate again. Nate O' frikkin Neil, the guy she can't stop thinking about. She hates herself for liking him though. Nate O'Neil is the kind of person she always told herself she hated. Alcohol has messed up her life before, it's just going to mess it up again. Nate is almost always drunk. The few hours Kat was with him she knew he had been drinking. He smelled like cheep beer and Jack Daniels, it was obvious. Yet she allowed herself to fall for him.
'I'm so damn stupid all the time.' She frowns at the computer screen.



© 2011 Becky Lawrence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing