Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

A Chapter by Beckycharliee
"

Karma meets Miles...

"
A beeping sound was disturbing my sleep, whilst peering to my right, I grabbed the alarm and shook it till its cry died. My dad was going down the stairs when I dragged my feet out of the bed. He'd make me breakfast then I'd go to school. Going to school early is alright, the library is always quieter on the morning. Picking myself up, I stumbled to the bathroom, got ready and looked in the mirror, my eyes were a dark brown and resembled mud. I had no chance, with no-one. Looking in the mirror always got me down, my appearance was the exact same to my mothers... Sniffing back a tear, I ran down the stairs towards the dining room, as I had guessed there was a bowl of cereal on the table. Eating with no care about the flavor or the fact that my tongue was just about dead, I jumped up and threw a coat over my shoulders. Waving at my dad, I headed to the door, shoving it open with my shoulder, I fell into the street. The sting of the bitter wind hit my face, I shuddered, ignoring the coldness on my skin.
Making my way over the road I glanced around, my dad had closed the door, right now he'd probably be lying on the sofa, waiting for the sports channel to come on or something.
Lazy was one word to describe him.
Pushing forward against the wind, I fought back, making my legs move forward faster and faster.

----------------------------------------

Suddenly a face appeared at the top of the street, making its way towards me. I wouldn't really be bothered normally, but it was only seven o'clock in the morning and the street was normally quiet. Something about the way he moved, and his build was familiar. He walked closer, and closer towards me, the haze of the fog lightened up around him. Straining my eyes to see past the last of the fog, I could make out a face. His eyes were bloodshot and wouldn't leave mine. I looked away and stared at the ground, brushing a strand of hair back behind my ear, where it belonged. I kept my pace. My heart rate beat faster and faster, I took this as a sign, I stumbled over and pretended to tie a lace that didn't need tied. I swiveled around and pushed myself back down the path in which I had traveled. Peering over my shoulder the man was picking up his pace and was only a few strides behind me, he didn't look like a man, merely in his twenties, with short black hair, he was tall, at least head and shoulders above me. He lifted his head a little higher, a grin making its way on his lips. He pushed the cape of his shoulder, till it was hanging by the straps that surrounded his neck. Silver hanging from his chest. His muscles bulging, ready to pop out from under his shirt.

I'm going to die... I'm going to die...

He jumped off of the pavement, and landed on his knees, looking at the ground. My mouth was gaping wide, I stared at where he'd been. He rose, I now knew how tall her really was, I was standing, looking at his chest, too scared to look up. He grabbed my face with his hand and pulled it up, straining my neck. He lifted me up, my feet losing contact with the path.
"I've been waiting for you." He said, a sly grin creeping onto his face. Pools of tears pouring down my face. I stared at him.
"What do you want with me?" I gritted my teeth together, forcing the tears not to come out.
"I want you dead, because of you, my brother has all the glory."
"I don't know your brother, I don't know you, leave me alone, I want to go!" Kicking at him with my legs, I kicked his knee and he bent over in pain. Grabbing his knee, cursing me. He let me go, I fell to the floor, sprawled across the cold, damp ground. Picking myself up, I shoved the rucksack over my shoulders and sprinted towards the library. Moans were arousing from behind me, I decided to steal a glimpse behind.

He was there.

Racing harder through the pouring rain, I skidded and pushed myself to the right. Surely I'd lost him now.
The library was up ahead. The outskirts covered in weeds. I flung myself at the doors, as they opened I looked behind me, he was nowhere, I sighed with relief and stepped into the warm air, took a seat on one of the leather sofa's and checked my watch.
7.24.
Letting myself sink into the chair, I took in a deep breath. I peered around as I heard my name.
"Hi Kay!" whispered Fern from the corner of the seat.
"Hey." I replied.
"Whats up? You look... red?"
"Not here." Glancing left, right then left again, I dragged her to the girls toilets and bolted shut the door.
"Your scaring me..." She was shaking.
"Some... some... some boy, followed me, and said he wanted to kill me." I relived the moment, not leaving one detail, I was cut short by the sound of an elderly woman banging on the door.
"Hello? Hello! I need to get in here." Her voice was croaky and urgent. I kept it short and unlocked the door, pulling Fern out behind me.
"That's not possible! We live in a nice neighborhood! Nobody would do anything like that." She ushered in my ear.
"He would, he pulled me up, Fern, believe me." She didn't believe me. Whilst nodding she reached into her pocket and picked out her phone.
"Oh shoot! Its eight o'clock, better get heading off. I am not getting another late warning." I picked myself up and brushed the hairs of my jeans. Picking up my folder and my book, I pushed them under my arm and made my way to the school entrance across the yard.

----------------------------------------

Crossing through the corridors, Fern linked in my arms we plodded to our first lesson, biology. Fern pushed the door and held it for me, we took our seats. There were 'Kaleidos' books lingering on each table.
"Hello class, today we are learning about life cycles, turn to page 54 and read top to bottom." Mrs Varner looking very serious, her glasses magnifying her pixie eyes and hanging on her elf ears.
I pulled the book to my torso and flicked through the pages. I turned my head to talk to Fern when I noticed someone in the corner of the room. I hadn't seen them before, who was he? Then it came to me.

It was him.


© 2011 Beckycharliee


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Beckycharliee
Chapter Two, its isn't very good, spent a few hours on it max.
What ya think?(;

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011
Tags: The, Meeting, My, Guardian, Becky, Storm, Karma, Miles, Chase, Fern, Angel


Author

Beckycharliee
Beckycharliee

Newcastle , North East, United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Becky. Music is my life, I listen to rock and screamo, my favorite band has to be Avenged Sevenfold or Black Veil Brides. I read Dark Romance novels, I love the Morganville Series. I LOVE GOIN.. more..

Writing