Ambrosia

Ambrosia

A Chapter by Beetle Twist
"

A team of archaeologists discover the ingredients used to make true ambrosia, the nectar of the Greek gods.

"

"I... I can't believe this, James!" Carolyn waved the paper in his face. "Just look at this!"


He snatched the paper out of her hands. "The drink of the gods, the most coveted liquid, sweet ambrosia, drank by Zeus himself, is comprised of... wow."


"Do you know what those ingredients create?" She stood by his side, tapping her foot impatiently.


"Looks to be some sort of carbonated drink..."


"It's not just any carbonated drink," she spat. "It's cherry 7-Up!"


"What?!"


"I know, it sounds insane, but it's true!"


James jumped out of his chair and ran into the conference room, where five other archaeologists were carefully studying the original artifact Carolyn had decoded. They looked up and saw the paper in his hand.


"So, James, I'm guessing Carolyn figured out what this thing said?" Zachary tapped the slab carelessly as he spoke.


"You guys aren't going to believe this! Take a look!" James shoved the paper in Zachary's face. The smarmy scientist's smirk slipped off of his face. White as a ghost, he handed it to his coworker.


"Is... is this serious?"


"Yes! I can hardly believe it myself, but this is definite proof that 7-Up did, in fact, produce a cherry-flavored version of their drink!"



© 2015 Beetle Twist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on October 12, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015
Tags: weird, amateur, needs review


Author

Beetle Twist
Beetle Twist

About
I'm a human being who likes cats, writing, and unnecessary violence for the sake of comedy. more..

Writing
Balance Balance

A Story by Beetle Twist


Machine Machine

A Chapter by Beetle Twist