Monster

Monster

A Chapter by Beetle Twist
"

Gerry has to face a monster.

"

Gerry woke up in an inn, feeling slightly dizzy. He remembered being afraid of something… running away from it… and asking if it was okay to take a nap…


The sight of the twenty-meter tall lizard with black flames lining its spine outside of the window reminded him of what he’d been running from.


“Hello, Gerry! All rested up now?” It smiled as kindly as it could.


“Um… I just need a bit of breakfast and we can get back to what we were doing.”


“Excellent! I don’t mean to pressure you, but please don’t dawdle. I need to crush your body into tiny pieces for a stew garnish,” it explained. “I’m having a party tomorrow and I want everything to be ready.”


Gerry nodded slowly. “I’ll, uh… I’ll get on that.”


The monster took a seat outside of the inn, waiting patiently.


The sun set.


The sun rose again.


The sun set again.


The sun rose again.


The sun set again.


This time, it was the monster that rose. It looked very upset.


“Hello? Gerry? You made me miss the party. You’re being very inconsiderate right now!”


Gerry didn’t answer.


It lifted the roof off of the inn and peered inside. Gerry was nowhere to be found. Angry, the monster stormed away.


Gerry paid the innkeeper a few hundred dollars and scampered out of the cellar.


© 2015 Beetle Twist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Humorous. Best thing I've read in awhile. And now I have a contingency plan if a giant monster shows up. 'Salutes you.'

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 13, 2015
Last Updated on October 13, 2015
Tags: weird, amateur, needs review


Author

Beetle Twist
Beetle Twist

About
I'm a human being who likes cats, writing, and unnecessary violence for the sake of comedy. more..

Writing
Balance Balance

A Story by Beetle Twist


Machine Machine

A Chapter by Beetle Twist