Offer

Offer

A Chapter by Beetle Twist
"

Satan makes an offer to Melissa.

"

Melissa rubbed her chin. "So, let me get this straight, Mr. Lucifer."


The formless mass of shadows produced a low, echoing chuckle. "Please, call me Satan."


"Okay, Satan. I pick a game, and if I win against you in that game, my wildest dream will come true?"


"Absolutely."


Melissa narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "Can I make the game up?"


"Of course. I'm not exactly a stickler for strict rules."


"Awesome! We're going to play 'Be Melissa'. To win, you have to be Melissa Thornbridge as fast as you can."


Upon hearing the sentence finish, Satan did his best to shapeshift into Melissa's likeness. However, before the

head was even formed, Melissa shouted, "I win!"


"No fair," Satan whined. "Those rules are stupid."


"You said it could be any game," Melissa replied nonchalantly. "Now get me a grilled cheese sandwich!"


"A... what?"


"You heard me. I want a grilled cheese sandwich!"


Satan paused for a moment, then disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving a grilled cheese sandwich in his absence. Delight, Melissa picked it up and took a bite, only to recoil in horror and spit it out.


The cheese was... Velveta.


In the depths of hell, Satan laughed, enjoying every second of poor Melissa's misery.



© 2016 Beetle Twist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this - on the surface it's silly as heck but underneath there seems to be a grain of truth to it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Added on March 22, 2016
Last Updated on March 22, 2016
Tags: weird, amateur, needs review


Author

Beetle Twist
Beetle Twist

About
I'm a human being who likes cats, writing, and unnecessary violence for the sake of comedy. more..

Writing
Balance Balance

A Story by Beetle Twist


Machine Machine

A Chapter by Beetle Twist