RIKKEN

RIKKEN

A Story by Rik B
"

a new beginning

"

RIKKEN

A story of a new beginning

 

Chapter I

The two suns were the color of ripe oranges as they slowly disappeared over the horizon, and although they were millions of miles apart, they looked like to bright eyes peaking over the mountains.  The suns were not the reason I was lying on my back along the lake shore, I was more interested in the three moons that were becoming visible in the sky. They were arranged in a triangle also millions of miles apart. I have come to love these moons for they are hypnotic and beautiful in a way that you could not believe. It was like looking at a smiley face without the smile. I know you are wondering, two suns, three moons, is this guy insane? No I am not, if I am, then the hundreds of thousands of others that share this vision must be too.  I am lying in a new world, on the new planet called Rikken (I named it myself) and I am happy. I guess I should explain how and why I ended up here relaxing at a lake shore staring at three moons as the night sets into the sky. Actually it’s very simple I closed my eyes and wished it, not only for me but for all the good people, only the good people.

 First I just want to say that earth didn’t disappear, it didn’t explode or get hit by a meteor, there was no nuclear holocaust, it’s all still there and life continues in its earthly way. If that’s what you want to call it. When I left, all was going to hell, the economy had plummeted, and the normal way of life had disappeared.  Everyone was living on edge, afraid of their own shadows. I saw it coming years before it actually happened and started looking for a way out. I found the way just in time. I was at the end of my rope, life on earth was not as it was when I was young and vigorous, and it had become a world of hate. I am not saying that all had turned to the dark side, but enough had, that it had come unbearable.

I was alone on earth, alone and afraid. That’s actually hard for me to say for I was a soldier once, I was strong and I could hold my own, but the world had changed and life was not as it was.  I had my own place above a convenient store in the small town of eagle creek in Oregon, a place that use to be quiet and desolate. When I left it was trashed, the bad had consumed all that was good and created a haven for hells creatures. Evil had come into being and had grown into a monster.

The evil was everywhere, not just in our homeland (America) but all over the world. My thoughts always returned to Noah and the Ark and how God had drowned evil and saved the few to carry on the ways of the human existence. I thought of how the second chance he had given us had failed and that history would repeat itself.  For those of you that do not believe in god think of it as a catastrophic natural event caused by global warming, or some other earth shattering (literally) event. Bottom line earth had gone to hell. I knew something was coming and I wanted out before it did. So ……

 

Chapter II

I closed my eyes and wished for a new life, a new world, a place where all the good people of the world could go to get away from the evil. I wished or prayed, I imagined a world and it became. When I opened my eyes I was standing alone next to the lake that I am now lying down by. I first thought that I must be dreaming, I must have fell asleep and I was just seeing what I thought would save my soul.  Thinking that it was a dream I walked around the clear blue lake to see what I could see.    At the edge of the lake I could see all kinds of fish swimming just below the surface.  There were Frogs and salamanders along the edge and sitting on the flat lily pads floating in the water. The trees were of all species, wrapped with the everlasting color of fall. I was thinking what a wonderful place; this was a place that could only be imagined in the mind of a dreamer. What an illustrious dream, I never wanted it to end.

Little did I know it wasn’t a dream, it was more real that I could ever imagine.  This new world seemed to develop as I continued to walk; a path appeared before me as I moved forward. I walked around the entire lake, it was not a small one and yet it was not too big, seemed sort of a perfect size. The air was clean and smelled fresh. The day was bright and as I looked up into the clear sky, it was then that I noticed it had two suns. They were not as big as the sun on earth and not as bright but together they lit the day perfectly. Perfect, perfectly, perfected, as only I could imagine. I was creating a new world by mere thought. I only hoped that my thoughts were of peace and love, of purity and good, of happiness and joy.

© 2013 Rik B


Author's Note

Rik B
the first two chapters, first attempt at a short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013
Tags: new world, new start, the end

Author

Rik B
Rik B

Portland, OR



About
I write, they are just writings. Writing heals my soul, mends my mind, and relieves my inner tensions its a way to share my inner thoughts with the world. more..

Writing
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

A Poem by Rik B