Stranded: Chapter One

Stranded: Chapter One

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

The story starts - three people are stranded on an island.

"

Teresa screamed, and water filled her mouth. She kicked and struggled, trying to free herself from the water surrounding her, but instead it pulled her under. She opened her eyes, salt water burning them. She saw her Husband's outstretched hand, and took it, Jack pulled her up, his strong grip pinching Teresa. She gave a gasp of thanks, and then let the darkness engulf her.

*

Jack began to cry as his wife vanished into unconciousness. He grabbed her around the waist, and, sighting land, began to swim, the storm whipping him with wind and rain. When he reached the shore, he dragged Teresa to the grass and flopped down, exhausted. Sleep would not take him. He shrugged off his coat and lay it painstakingly ontop of Teresa, before fleeing down the beach, looking at plane debris still scattered in the ocean.

"HELP!" The voice was low, a mans voice. Jack looked around wildly, and saw the man he was sitting next to leaning against a tree-trunk, panting with pain and sorrow. "My daughter," the man whispered, "Gone." Jack felt grief for the man, then disgust. The man had a leg hanging on my a thread, and his arm was broken and bleeding. "I'm a nurse," Jack told the man, "And that leg will have to go." Kneeling down, Jack gently tugged on the leg, and the flesh tore. Soon, the leg was off, and discarding it, Jack wrapped the bleeding stump in a jacket lying on the beach. With a moan of pain, the man sunk towards the earth, sobs beginning to rack his body.

"The storm will die down," the man told Jack between cries of sadness, "And then we may look for shelter. You know what we are now. We are stranded on an island. The only survivors of a freak accident. And you... me... we are going to live."

"And my Wife," Jack told him, then, remembering, Jack ran down the beach to see her.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
this is the same as stranded - everything is mixed up sorry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on July 22, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing