Stranded: Chapter 2

Stranded: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

The stranded survivors begin their journey.

"

Jack ran, and then was suddenly aware of the man's stare after him. Jack burned with embarassment. He knew he shouldn't have run - it was stupid - but Teresa was his wife - he woul;d do ANYTHING for her. He loved her. Nothing would tear them apart. Tears seeped from Jack's eyes as he realzied just how much he had been effected by Teresa in his life. He was safe with her - he wasn't a discriminated geek, overshadowed by jock-like siblings - he was a valuable human being. But it was obvious Jack had some of his family strength traits - Jack was running very fast, with a level breath and pain-free muscles.

About three-quarters from Teresa's resting spot, Jack heard a bang - it startled him, but made him more determined to find Teresa and save her from all this confusion and pain. He was almost there - Teresa should still be curled up and asleep. He reached the spot where he had lain her down to rest.

She was gone.

 

*

 

Henry watched the man go with a critical eye. That stupid doctor just cut off my leg and left me alone here, he thought scathingly. But then his thoughts drifted to his backpack he still had on. Struggling to an upright positiion with his new no-leg body, Henry pulled off his bag and began rumaging through. He pulled out the gunpowder, and sneering at it, threw it behind him. He found the matches and stamped on them. Then he pulled out the hand-held grenade. He glared at it. If it wasn't for the fact mechanical problems were infamous on that airline, he would have easily given all the passengers a scare. Being a terrorist was great in that way. He knew what was an attack and what was a malfunction.

The grenade sat in the palm of Henry's hand, silent and unmoving. Henry was suddenly furious with it, and so pulled the pin and threw it into the ocean. It exploded on impact, a tiny waft of flames and a big bang, before smoke billowing from the spot where the grenade hit. With sudden vigour, Henry began to hop along the beach, after the man with the wife he loved so much.

 

*

 

Teresa awoke. Pain overwhelmed her, and she rubbed her eyes, tears pouring unexpectedly down her face. She knew she was in trouble. She knew, because water was coughed up every five minutes in a bout of coughing.

She looked out into the early morning sky, where darkness was still draped upon the world. Then, a bang out in sea, and she was jolted into now. Now invloved being ill, her doctor husband busy and being stranded on an island. Teresa looked at the sea, then at the welcoming forest behind her. She turned, and walked into the bush without a second thought.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
ignore all problems. please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on July 22, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing