Human Verses Human: Introduction

Human Verses Human: Introduction

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

The intro

"

MAN FROM PAST IS TO LIVE ONCE MORE!

The notorious Neanderthal Fan, Brittish Scientist Xach Colbee, has created a Neanderthal. The Neanderthal is a 7-month-old fetous growing in the womb of a Foster Mother Suzan Shackles.

"I just love the idea I am going to be the Mum of such a historic child," she said, glowing. Mr. Colbee was just as open to the questions about the Neanderthal.

'How I made it," said Mr. Colbee, "Was very simple. I collected as much as Neanderthal DNA as possible, and then I transferred it to a Human - or should I say Homo Sapien cell. This multiplied, I transfered that to Suzan and now we have a NEANDERTHAL!"

Naturally, this has caused outrage all over the world - especially from the HUMAN RIGHTS who started their organization in 2008, when the idea of cloning a Neanderthal came up.

"It's been 400 years since the idea came about," one member told the Cammenbart Paper, "Shouldn't we be smart enough to realize that you just don't do that stuff? It is 2421! Grow up everyone!"

However, most of the public are raging about the face this was kept secret for seven months.

"That was a precaution," said Mr. Colbee, "In case the child died in the early months. However, everything is going smoothly and we hope that there will be a Neanderthal wandering the Earth - maybe more! I have enough DNA to produce another - if the other is the opposite gender of the first, than we shall have a whole new breed of human!"

 

Suzan closed the fortmonthly-ago newspaper and wriggled so she was more comfortable in the hospital bed. Setting the paper aside, she turned to see her new 'son' - he had large eyebrow ridges, no chin but to Suzan he was gorgeous. She couldn't wait to foster his (hopefully) sister - they would have children, who in turn would have children - soon the Earth would be buzzing with a new type of human. The Homo Sapien numbers were decreasing - now only 4,000,000,000 Homo Sapiens were left. This new breed would change everything.

 

*

 

Eric closed the 20-years-old newspaper and smiled. He liked reading that article. It made him feel fuzzy inside, like a cat was purring inside him. Eric felt his Delumin call, and so Eric thought 'Recieve' and closed his eyes so he could see the video more clearly.

"Hey Eric!"

Eric could see Savannah, her eyes keen, her eyebrows lower than ever. How Eric loved her.

"Hey Savvy. What did the doctor say about no. 2?"

"This baby is great! It won't have any complications!"

"Sharon doesn't have any either," Protested Eric. Savvy just laughed. 

"Love you," she said.

"Bye," Answered Eric. He opened his eyes, and saw, staring up at, Sharon. Hugging her, Eric thought about the future. What did the Sapiens have in store for the Neanderthals - his decndants? The future... so undecided.

"One thing that sets us totally apart," Eric told Sharon, "Is the fact that we don't have good languages skills, but are the best with the imagination."

On cue, Sharon got down and went to her desk. Eric watched the three-year-old (as silent as she was when she was 18 months (that is not very quiet at all!)) draw a spectacular picture of her Father.

"It is gorgeous,'' Eric told Sharon, and he hung it on the wall.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Is it goooooood?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really, really interesting idea. Please extend it into a full story/book! A few suggestions: try finding another word for "Neanderthal." It's used so often in the story that it begins to become a bit monotonous. And I'd like to read about public's reaction to creating a new breed of humanity as Eric grows up. Also, why did his surrogate mother choose to act the way she did? Is there a story behind that?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on August 2, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing