Charlize and the surprise

Charlize and the surprise

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Charlize is an innocent child. Why does this happen to her?

"

The front door opened slowly, and Charlize looked up. She gave her Mother a fleeting smile, and then turned back to her homework.

"Hey."

Charlize looked up, startled. Her mother had never sounded so sad. She was choking on her own words.

Mary sat on the couch, and Charlize followed.

"Charlize, Charlize," Mary said lovingly, "My baby girl."

Charlize clambered onto her Mother's lap, and Mary pretended to grunt. "Ooh, your heavy!" she said teasingly, "So heavy!"

"Mummy," Charlize said, "Where did you go?"

"I went to the Doctor," Mary said, and then she began to cry.

"Stop crying Mummy!" Charlize scolded, but Mary wouldn't stop. "Mummy! MUMMY!"

Charlize curled up on the sofa and sobbed too, thankful that none of her friends were watching. They would think she were a baby, not a seven-year-old.

"Charlize," said Mary through her tears, "What do you know about death?"

Charlize stopped crying and thought. "I know that when you die people bury you. And you are never, ever seen again. You stop living."

"I'm going to do that," Mary said quickly.

"WHAT?"

"I'm so sorry baby!" sobbed Mary, and she proceeded to tell Charlize her story.

"My Mummy... dying?"

"Yes, darling. In two weeks I will be dead."

"But why?" asked Charlize.

"I have a really bad sickness."

"What is it called?"

"B-breast cancer," stammered Mary, "Breast Cancer."

© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Is it sad? Moving?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my gosh!! This is the saddest, moving story I have ever read. My eyes were actually tearing up. Really good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on August 6, 2009
Last Updated on October 11, 2009

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing