High School Drama: Chapter One: Chelsea

High School Drama: Chapter One: Chelsea

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Chapter One

"

The music rushes into my ears and I smile fondly. I have been in Willowsteed's Orchestra for many years, and yet the beauty of all the sounds put together is enthralling.

I put my flute to my lips and play a soulful harmony. I put my heart into every note that cascades into the waterfall of noise - beautiful, breathtaking, classical music.

Then, the electronic bells rings and I pack my flute away, painfully aware that no one is willing to talk to me, that no one, not even my friends, will say a word in acknowledgement.

I hang my head with embarrassment.

I accepted him.

Joel is the ugliest boy I have ever met, with pimples framing his features, greasy, uncut hair falling around his face. And yet, when he asked me if I would like to be his girlfriend, all that I said was "Erm..."

Joel never has patience.

"Yes!" he yells, and runs off to his gang of greasy friends, whooping.

I have been avoiding him ever since.

And my friends have been avoiding me.

I tried not to tell them!

But they found out.

Now I am doomed.

Wait a minute...

A queer feeling is creeping over me. I can see Joel packing his violin with extra care. I march up. My friends watch me suspiciously.

"Joel," I say loudly, "We are not an item."

The people still inside the music room all "oooooh".

"What?" he cries, "But you said-"

"I said nothing!" I cry back, "I said nothing. Now I say NO."

I turn around - into the arms of my friends.

"Way to go Chelea!"

"Well done!"

"You faced your fear!"

I push my limp brown hair from my eyes and smile simply. But inside I'm grinning.

I did something! I did something!

Now I have friends. But no boyfriend.



© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Good? Bad?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on August 14, 2009
Last Updated on August 15, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing