The Other Side: Chapter eight

The Other Side: Chapter eight

A Chapter by Bella-Marie
"

Chapter 8

"

Saturday rolled by, with me simply reading the whole day. Thank Goodness I had the brainpower to bring a horde of library books! I guzzled them with my normal vim and vigour, but by the end I was getting tired of reading. Then, thankfully, Mum called dinner and I ran from the most interesting book of the day, but since I had read so many it was rather uninteresting.

When I finished dinner (a silent, unspeaking affair) I did my chores quickly and went to bed. Sleep should have come easily I was so tired, but instead I was tossing and turning. My plan was going to activate tomorrow! Finally, sleep beckoned and I ran into its snuggly arms.

When I woke in the morning, I got dressed and had breakfast. Mum was up by the time was I watching TV at Eight. "No Market for you," she said sleepily, before grabbing breakfast. I shut up. If only she knew my wonderful plan!
At Eight Thirty I went toilet and then ran to my room. Packing my schoolbag with clothes and food (aquired at Brekkie), I sighed, wondering if my plan would work. I hoped so.

I then made my bed so that it looked like I was sleeping. I knew it was a stupid aspect of the plan, but if it worked, I would have more time to spare.

I looked around my bedroom one last time, then heaved myself through the window and ran.

I am a cross-country runner. I can run and run and nothing will stop me. I have won countless ribbons, millions of trophies. So with little trouble I ran to the market as quickly as I could. I was so worked up I wasn't even tired when I reached the gate.

The time was nine o'clock. The gates of the Park shut at eleven. I ran to the Fruit and Vege part of the market, and, sure enough, there was a Xyrn. The same one, in fact, as gorgeous as always. She saw me and smiled. "Where is your friend?" she asked.

The smile slipped off her face as I explained my story. "Oh dear," she said, shaking her head, "James said your parents were strict in that aspect."

I told her of my plan.

"Come to Xyrn?" she said, surprised. But then she calmed. "I suppose. You are a tiny bit young - but you'll get off easy when sinning, I'll see to that."

She handed me a purse. "Buy some apples and oranges," she instructed, "But quickly! We'll leave at nine thirty."

When I finished, the time was nine twenty-five. The lady said "My name is Xysailah (Kiss-aila)." She lead me to a car, where we packed all the food in the boot. Then, we climbed in and ZOOM! We were off!



© 2009 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love IT!
Bella you are awesome. I need to read the rest of the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 8, 2009
Last Updated on September 9, 2009


Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing