Faliure and Success

Faliure and Success

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Just a review of something I did today.

"
The set up is simple and yet intricate, with two special sort of bars holding up another bar, with a large, thick squishy mat underneath all that at a particular angle.
Oh, stuff it, it's the high jump. I can't get confused about the dynamics.

Oh s**t! The girl in front of me has moved away! Now I'm first in line. And they always make the people who jump from the right jump first....

Run, run, run... jump!

Oh gosh. That's so embarrassing. I didn't get over the one f*****g metre on my first try.

Waiting for everyone else to go... gosh, that girl is good...

YES! MADE OVER!

Up another notch or three...

Got that first go! Booyah!

Up another notch or several...

First go... zilchins. Second go, just made it over.

As you realize, this fandango goes on for a few more million years, and I always seem to go over the second try... let's skip to when there are about four people left...

Amy goes... she misses... Landi goes... she misses... Roweena goes... she misses... I go... I miss... Amy goes... SHE MISSES! OUT OF THE ROUND! Landi goes... SHE MISSES! OUT OF THE ROUND! I go... I GET OVER! STILL IN!

Come on Roweena... miss miss miss!
But she gets it.

And then suddenly we're doing it all over again, and I miss and Roweena misses too.

This is the tough nuts, I realize with a jolt, and try my hardest... but I miss, and when Roweena hurls herself over the pole with success, I feel slight faliure tugging at me.

But second is my best placing to date, and so I can live with that.

If only I could come first... I'll get there eventually.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very fun piece! Be proud of your second...I wouldn't have made it past the second round! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Made me laugh. I like this, simple and very confusing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I felt like I was right there, inside your head with this short. Nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hahaha you really shouldn't swear it's not you but hey second is better than my sixth and having your legs being killed and don't worry you will come first some time i know you will =-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing