Writing Games Story - Living a nightmare

Writing Games Story - Living a nightmare

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Homeless child Polluted stream after a big thunderstorm I feel like giving up

"
Scrambling to the edge of the murky stream, I cup my hands and dip it into the oily water. The dirty liquid swirls disgustingly, but my thirst is too great for me to think straight. I drink the water back, gagging at the taste, sighing at the relief from the scummy water.

I sit back and begin to cry. Great, salty tears pour down my face and I can't breathe through the anguish.

When I finally pull myself together, I stare into the polluted stream with my heart fluttering sadly. I think of all the loss I have lived through... my parents dying... my life crumbling until I am a street urchin... the hunger that gripped me for weeks until someone took pity on me and gave me a decent feed.

 But that was ages ago... I'm cringing in the pain of starvation.

The sky above is still grey and swirling, and I angrily glare at the sky. The thunderstorm was the reason for my thrist, I decided a few minutes before I saw the stream, as it burst the water resovior and so people had to make do with buying bottled water. Me? I had to crawl the street for days, drinking from puddles, until I found this stream.

The grass near the stream is spongy and wet, but better than concrete, so I lie down. Far from the stream, I see huge meadow grasslands. Behind me, I feel the shadow of huge concrete buildings. I think of the people livin inside them, happy and content, drinking bottled water that is pure and un-polluted, eating fresh food and clothing themselves in not rags but real cloth, fabric with no holes.

I sob and sob, and feel my life crying too.

Through the sobs, I am surprised. Normally it's just my mind that hates the situation. My life tries to find something good within the mess.

It can't. And because my life can't hold on to reality, neither can I, so I slip into a dreamless, un-awaking sleep.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, very nicely written. You really have a knack for being able to put the reader right where they need to be inside your head.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome awesome awesome. And freaky. I've actually done this, except for the murky water part. It was clear water, :). Nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 4, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5