A little something on The types of Writing Diseases

A little something on The types of Writing Diseases

A Story by Bella-Marie

Writer's Block can be managed.
Writer's Block is a simple case of a sleeping imagination. A bout of a new movie or book is the medicine used for Writer's Block. It is a easily curable disease.

Writer's Error can be managed.
It is harder to cure than Writer's Block. It is when the spelling and punctuation, etc, is exceedingly hard to understand and the overall grammar is shoddy. Working with writing in anti-text language is an excellent way to combat this disease, along with interactive spelling/grammar/punctutation books and websites.

Writer's Anxiety is incurable.
Writer's Anxiety is when the writer is unsure of their potential, their pieces of work that they have carefully created. It is when their 'ego' is knocked to the floor and only their immune system and phycological subconcious confidence can keep this 'ego' from toppling over. Of course, Writer's Anxiety is also very embarrassing for the sufferer. It is not a well-known disease.


These writing diseases are very different but much the same. If you are experiencing what you think are the symptoms of Writer's Block, Error or Anxiety, try the remedies provided, or talk to your nearest profesional writer.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it. Maybe you could have put a few more "cures" for Writer's Block and maybe explained the "cure" for Writer's Error. Also, if you were sort of going for the "five paragraph essay" format, then it would need an introductory paragraph and would require parallel structure, so in the conclusion paragraph instead of having "writer's block, anxiety or error" you would have to have "writer's block, error or anxiety. But it was overall well written and made me laugh when I read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I had Writer's Anxiety awhile back, and I still have it, so it's well-known by me alright. An intro would've been nicer though to create a more entertaining piece. I mean it is, because it made me chuckle a bit. I mean authors suffer from thse all the time.

Another way to cure writer's block would probably keep writing. When I have one, I just write whatever comes out of my head because when you're writing a first draft, all you want is the concept or the idea of the book, so yeah.

It would've been nice have an expansion on Writer's error too.

Other than that, I really like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh that's cute and so relatable! I can relate to pretty much all three of these diseases. I now know where to go for the cures! Nice job. ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked it. Maybe you could have put a few more "cures" for Writer's Block and maybe explained the "cure" for Writer's Error. Also, if you were sort of going for the "five paragraph essay" format, then it would need an introductory paragraph and would require parallel structure, so in the conclusion paragraph instead of having "writer's block, anxiety or error" you would have to have "writer's block, error or anxiety. But it was overall well written and made me laugh when I read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



LOL, yeah that was cute :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have to say, this is a cute little snippet; it definitely made me smile. ^^ I enjoyed this, but I must admit: I am a bit concerned it may have missed the intended mark a slight amount. It seemed like a slight shift in style in the last paragraph conflicted with the rest of this piece, somewhat breaking the flow, and I feel like it would be helpful to add a transition in there, or re-word it a bit. (Although I have to say, the imitation of a medical add was particularly amusing. ^^) I also received the impression that you're trying to specifically distinguish the Writer's Anxiety from the other two, brought out by the starting sentence those three paragraphs. I think you may want to emphasize that more clearly; I actually didn't pick up on that until the second time I read over this. It may help to make the Writer's Block blurb and the Writer's Error blurb mimic each other more closely (by structuring the sentences and paragraph layout to reflect each other) and then by using stronger words in the Writer's Anxiety paragraph. Overall, though, it was nicely written; plus, I do think it's founded on a very clever idea. :]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drowning Drowning

A Story by Bella-Marie