Eileen, come on!

Eileen, come on!

A Poem by Bella-Marie
"

Guess what I'm listening to.

"
Many days have passed
Have I seen you before?
Those tell-tale dungarees
Your wide happy smile

Turn around Eileen...
Ignore his catchy song
Slap his hand away
No, don't fall in love!

He is walking with his friends
Singing my name
Smiling at me and wooing me
Giving me butterflies

Eileen, come on!
Piss off now before you...
Before you fall...
Before you fall in love.

My hand is in his
Warm and friendly, reassuring
Eyes make me melt like butter
As I listen to his song

Just ignore me then
Don't give about me
Eileen, come on!
Come on Eileen.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
HEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE I AM CRAZY AND DIAGNOSED WITH HAPPYSONGLOVER SYNDROME

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, you are crazy, but I'm crazier. Anyways, when I read this I think about a thousand ways to die when this little midget was singing about some Eileen girl telling some lame joke. The woman knocked him back with her purse and caused the windpipe he was playing to choke him. Blah, anyways, I think the font was fine, though it would probably shout more if it were in Comic San or one of those fonts.

I catch a tune in my head and I don't know why when I read this. Otherwise, I see a great controlling idea in a comical way. I see someone in a relationship with an attractive guy who the narrator's friend must be thinking about falling in love for or something like that.

That's what comes to my mind when you have lines expressing the narrator's appeal for a guy with qualities of a wanted lover. Then, you have other lines expressing the narrator's relationship with this wanted lover. And Eileen seems to find him just as appealing, which explains the narrator yelling for the girl to leave or to not fall in love.

Or perhaps, you have the narrator in a relationship doomed from the start and the narrator wishes to warn Eileen that she must not fall in love lest risk a terrible heartbreak soon to come.

The last stanza should be revised because I didn't quite understand and the ending must be clear. What do you mean by "don't give about me"?

Otherwise, catchy, cute, comical, I say you have a wonderful piece, madam.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Let me guess Come on Eileen. Ohh do I get a price for getting it right.
Nice poem thought it would be better if you changed the font of the writing for the different characters.
The Piss off before you... before youfall... fall in love has a nice affect but it could be better.
I must say it makes me shiver reading it though but thats just me I guess. =-)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Sinner The Sinner

A Story by Bella-Marie