I don't Have to Eat

I don't Have to Eat

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Guess.

"
You're eighteen Lyndell. You don't have to do what yor parents say.
"Oh Richmond, I'm so worried!"
"It's okay Claudina, my love. Lyndell will eat soon enough.'
Their eyes bore into me. The small plate is piled high with fatty food. Hot dogs. Burgers. Sausages.
It makes me feel like vomiting.
Remember, you don't have to eat. You've just started to look pretty again! Why stop now?
I give a sickly little smile.
"I'm really not hungry, Mother. Father, I'll... eat later...?"
He's far from stupid. He hears the quesiton mark at the end of my sentence.
"Eat."
His voice, so hard and steely, makes tears spurt suddenly down my cheeks. Mother tries to wrap her arms around me but I shake her away.
"I don't have to eat," I say firmly, "Because I am not hungry." I try to get up from the table but Father's hands are suddenly pushing down upon my shoulders.
"We will strap you into this chair until you eat what we feel is correct," he says in his Doctor voice, "And because I am your father, you must."
I begin to sob as I push the food past my lips. I feel the fat quickly multiplying.
Dad says, pleased, "I knew she'd see sense."
Aw man! Lyndell! What are you doing?
I don't know.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Not me. I eat HEAPS.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

some of us live to eat while others of us eat to live - this shows the contrast...

Posted 13 Years Ago


hmm Those three names of the parents sound like two people I know (joking sarasticly). Love the story it's so much like linda it's funny.

I could never give up food that's impossible for me

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing