It's Never Over

It's Never Over

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

There may be a part two... I'm guessing this will be pretty good work. I think.

"
Harry folded the newspaper with a sigh of... was it sadness? Annoyance? Pity? He threw it onto the coffee table next to him, and glanced at the picture gracing the front page of the Daily Prophet. It was his own, smiling, slightly harrassed-looking face shining from the front page. In the photo, Harry was walking through the Atrium of the Ministry of Magic, trying to kindly shake off the photographer who was constantly blinding Harry with a huge flash, and choking him with a puff of smoke, both emitting from the large, old-fashioned camera the photo had been taken with. Above this photo was the bold title: Harry Potter - our next Albus Dumbledore?
Harry had been expecting this blow for many years now - he was climbing steadily up the Auror ranks with Ron by his side, and the mutterings going around were that Kingsley Shacklebolt was getting a bit old for the job. The small portion of writing that was peeping over the fold in the newspaper read boldly: After taking the seat from Death Eater Pius Thicknesse, Kingsley Shacklebolt has been Minister of Magic for around 13 years. However, at 62 years of age, it seems Shacklebolt will be stepping down in a matter of months. However, polls conducted by the Prophet have indicated that many people would like to see one man in particular rise to his heights. Yes, readers, we are talking about Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived, the Chosen One, the defeater of He Whom Was Not To Be Named. And yet it seems Potter is perfectly comfortable warding off any Dark Wizards even thinking about going down the hideous path You-Know-Who, and doesn't even want to talk about taking the job as Minister. This behaviour is very similar to Albus-"
Harry smiled as he leant back in his comfy armchair. The Prophet, he thought fondly, always making stupid new rummors to add to the non-existent ones blowing into their empty heads.
Humming the Hogwarts school song, Harry closed his eyes. Life was sweet. Like a sugar quill. Life tasted of maginificence, of happiness, of love and of peace. Harry wriggled his shoulders with pleasure. Then, with a sudden thought, opened his eyes, stood up and strode across the room, navy-blue robes billowing behind him. He pulled out a scroll of parchment, an ink bottle and a slightly bent quill from the stationary drawer, and knelt down at the coffee table. Harry unscrewed the bottle, dipped the quill into the ink and began to scribble a note.
Ron, would it be possible if I popped over to your place this evening? Ginny and Lily are at your parent's, and Albus and James are at George's for the night, he says he needs a bit of company for young Fred. Please send your answer back with Pig 2. Cheers, Harry.
Harry re-read the note. Yes, he decided, it sounded nice enough. He just hoped Ron, Hermione and their two kids weren't out, because Flame, his pheonix, wouldn't take kindly to trying to find the little family through most of England.
"Flame?" Harry called out quietly, and with a blinding flash of orange flames, the pheonix was perched on the armchair next to where Harry was kneeling.
Harry rolled up the scroll, magically sealed it, and gave it to Flame. Flame sung a long, throbbing note, and then vanished with his usual flash a flames.
Harry stood, sunk back into the armchair, and picked up the Prophet. He turned to page 21, where the puzzles were. He decided to tackle the wordfinder, which was a tricky blighter, because the unfound words kept moving, especially when you think you've found a word. He grabbed the ink and quill from where he was sitting, and began to figure out the puzzles.
He was trying to find Werewolf, when someone knocked at the door.
Harry frowned. Who would it be? Ginny and the kids were all out for the night - maybe it was Ron and Hermione, Rose and Albus? He folded the paper, the quill ontop of it, and got out of the chair, alking to the top of the stairs. He looked at the long, winding staircase that lead to the ground floor, and frowned. He twisted around, and with a crack, pop and an uncomfortable feeling of being squeezed out of a tube, Harry apparated to the front step. He pulled open the door and took several steps backwards, flabbergasted.
A tall, yet young, brown-haired Witch stood on his doorstep, dark brown eyes alight with fear. She was wearing deep red robes with embroidered hems, and her wand was clutched in her hand so tightly it was almost snapping. Tears were brimming dangerously, some even spilling down her freckled cheeks, which could have rivalled the Weasley's. No Muggles were wandering the streets, so Harry grabbed her by the elbow and pulled her into the dining room, closing the door behind her. The witch collapsed into a chair, tears in her eyes, fear etched in her face.
"Harry Potter," she said in a high moan that made goosebumps travel up his arms, "I'm here to warn you... grave... g-grave dangers are just around the corner... oh you must understand!" She fell fowards onto the oak table, and sobbed with terror and anguish. Harry was still nonplussed, but his Auror training helped him get over the confusion.
"What's your name?" he asked her in a kind, quiet voice, but the kindness seemed too much - she flung herself off the table and onto the very floor, curled up in a ball and began rocking backwards and fowards, shrieking wordlessly, sobbing full-pelt. Harry was forcibly reminded of Dobby the House Elf on the very first day they met. His eyes filled with tears, but he gritted his teeth and resisted them - he had more important matters to take care of.
"Madam?" he asked again, quietly, politely, "Your name."
"Belita," she sobbed, "I'm Belita O'Lloyd."
Harry pointed his wand at Belita, and she began to slowly stop crying. Soon, she was faintly smiling, wiping her nose with her sleeve. When she had finished, it was quite slimy and disgusting.
"Tergo," she said hastily, pointing her wand at the sleeve. The snot was siphoned off.
"Harry Potter," she said in a quiet voice, hicouhging every so often, " Defeater of Lord Vold.... Lord Thingy. I need your help."
"Certianly, Belita," Harry said, smiling kindly, sitting himself in the chair nearest him, "What would you like help with?"
"I..." She paused. Evidently she didn't want to tell Harry the secret that caused her such a breakdown.
She tried again. "I have to tell you..."
"Yes?"
"Oh dear... my husband... or should I say, former husband... he's stooped to You-Know-Who's level. He's played with dark magic, he's experimented with Witches and Wizards, who never came right again. He wants to create a super-race, with himself the leader. These people will be all the same as him... dirty, cruel, disgusting in every way. And once again, Muggles and Muggle-Borns alike will be slaughtered and driven off the Earth. Because he's found a way to become immortal. And he reckons that a select few should also take this path. No need for more off-spring. No need at all. A coup of the Ministry, and then..." Belita looked up at Harry with tears pouring down her face again.
"Then we all die."

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Enjoyed it? Please read, rate and review. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It *is* rather different from most HP stories. In an okay way, though. I'd be willing to read another chapter, should you decide to continue on with this piece. =) I do like all the name references.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There's got to be a part II! :) Being a Harry Potter fan myself, I totally fell right into the story. As always, your writing is top-notch. Very well written. If you do write a part II, then please send me a read review if you haven't already. I've been very slow in my read requests. Two thumbs up!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A good story A It is a bit different I am not sure when I ever saw a story about anothers characters

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm sorry it took a while to reach your read request. But I'm here! And I loved it, but I'm a huge, as in really elephantine huge HP fan, so I felt the need to point out some few things.

I'm assuming you have read all seven books, because Kingsley Shacklebolt's ministry was there, and also Harry's children.

It's just weird to read the characters in a story with a whole new style, not that it's bad, of course, but the overall feel of the story is kind of American. If you know what I mean. The expressions and imagery is lacking the original atmosphere of the seven books. However, if your goal was to do it your OWN way, then I must admit you did a great job. This is, so far, the best HP fanfiction I have ever read, and that is counting the hundred others from fanfiction.net.

Also, it’s kind of not so Harry to still feel the need to send Ron a message before visiting him, I mean Harry’s Ginny’s husband, and they were like best friends for decades now. It’s also quite odd to think of Harry in wizard robes at home, considering how he grew up as a muggle. But I’m assuming, again, that he could have changed over the years. He’s an Auror, after all.

As a beginning of an interesting story, you could have added more to what happened to their lives, I mean Hermione’s and Ron’s and Ginny’s. Even Luna’s, or maybe Ron’s parents. And George’s, too, perhaps, before getting on with the Belita thing.

Belita was an appealing character. She served as a catapult for the next chapter.

Anyway, you took a brave move doing a story from HP characters, because these characters have really deep personalities. It’s worth it, because you did well. Looking forward to reading the possible part 2 of this. (:


Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, I really enjoyed it :) I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and this was a good read for me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, what a wonderful story teller!
i admire your willingless to take on multiple characters and delve into every emotion of mystery, drama and ignite the senses of wonder.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Hahahaha. You are literly obsesed (Don't care if spellings not right) Love the story, well write and very endorsing (even though I have no idea what that word means) You should try coming up with your own idea for a story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, I most definitely enjoyed it! I'm a huge HP fan, even though i've only read the lsat book once and was entirely disappointed with the last 2 movies (though HP4 movie wasn't all that amazing either). Anyway, it was a good story with a few things that need to be smoothed and editted, and it seemed like the plot went along just a bit too fast. I just want to know, since it was kind of a cliff-hanger, are you going to make a sequel or two, maybe into a novella or novel, or is this just going to be it? It was still really good!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 20, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


How much? How much?

A Story by Bella-Marie