Lyndell's Mistake

Lyndell's Mistake

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

Well, this is the end of Lyndell's journey, although she passes a different way then to how you would expect...

"
She had never meant to do this.
She had always held her body in high esteem. 
She actually enjoyed feeling the rolls of fat on her thick stomach, wobbling the huge thighs, pushing her finger deep into the flabs of skin around her neck. It made her feel safe. She knew she wasn't going to waste away.
But one morning she stared at the bowl of scrambled eggs in front of her... and didn't want to eat it. So she dumped it into the compost bin and went about her daily business. After about midday, the hunger struck. Like a snake in her stomach. But she punched the blubber and ignored it. She got on with her work.
By the sixth day she was exhausted. She felt constantly tired and the chunks of fat that lay comfortably on her body... they had depleted. She was two dress-sizes smaller. Her friends at work commented on her weight loss. "Amazing!" they had trilled, "What an amazing achievement!"
And as the days stretched on, she became thinner and thinner, and yet she could not force the food past her lips. She tugged tirelessly at the tiny bulges of loose skin, willing them to fill with fat again. She would waft the smell of bacon towards her when her flatmates cooked, to see if the seething hunger paining her stomach would bite her towards taking a bite.
But she never did.
And when her flatmate found her four weeks after the first day of depression, he saw a woman with ribs visible through her thick nightie, cheekbones cutting her skin, hair falling out. The doctors flooded into the apartment, they searched through her belongings and finally found a journal. Inside were her deepest confessions.
The Shrink who read it said she was depressed. Severely, he had said gravely, and the other Shrinks at the meeting looked solemn.
And Lyndell looked down at the scene, laughing and crying, wishing someone had saved her.
Which is silly, because the only person who could save her was...
herself.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Lyndell has been written about before, but this is her around Uni age, who goes flatting and dies of starvation because she's depressed. Ciao for now!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why Lyndell. Evrey time you use that name I think off Linda. Beautiful write, very emmotional and captivating ( I don't even know if thats a word) and very well based on life. XP

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing