A Chapter by LilyM;)

  Our lives are quite a story. Nothing seems real, even after all this time. Seriously-magic tattoos, evil scientists, mermaids... We're getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we? As usual:) well we'll start at the beginning, when the two of us first met.

•Keegan•
  School could be easy and even fun at times, but in general it was boring.  Seeing the same stone grey walls, high ceilings, and cold, uninviting classrooms was not exactly something I wanted to get up early for almost every morning. There was a light at the end of the tunnel though. Senior year would end in three weeks with a whirlwind of class trips, final exams, and graduation. It would finally be summer and I would be a legal adult, since my birthday was in four days, on friday.  I would be on my way to Ireland, the home of my maternal grandparents, the whole summer and hopefully longer. I was going to try to find a college there and major in music- specifically flute & piccolo. I still had to get about a thousand dollars to be able to go. my job would provide about a quarter by then I could pay for about half with my savings but I might have to borrow the rest from my parents. I hated borrowing from them, partly because it made them believe I
wasn't able to be independent. I really had to get out of here. I love the south and Louisiana, all the hot weather and friendly people and the unique accents, but I wanna live somewhere new. I want to see the world and be part of a completely different culture.
  I walked into science class without really paying attention and wove through the lines of desks. My seat was on the right in the middle, facing towards Mr. Scottie's huge wooden desk. This was the only classroom I liked because the walls were covered with colorful posters and light filled the whole room from the window to the left. Mr. S was also my favorite teacher because the work in his class was usually easy and interesting and he was very funny and easy-going. He always had something unusual for us to do as a lesson and I noticed that he had nothing written on the board. Maybe we would have our lesson outside today.         
  A sudden silence broke through my thoughts. It's strange, isn't it, that a silence can be just as loud as any actual sound?
  I realized it was not completely silent. A slender, dark-haired girl stood with her back towards me, quietly speaking to Mr. Scottie.  He seemed to be mostly listening, which was sorta strange because he was usually talkative. The stranger thing, though, was that Mr. S was staring at the new student with an expression like shock, and trying to hide it. What could make him look like that? I looked around the class and everyone else seemed stunned too. What had I missed? They must have seen whatever it was as she walked up to Mr. Scottie's desk. She didn't seem unusual from the back...
  It was my turn to be shocked when she turned confidently towards the class, her perfect curls swinging in a wide arc. Was I dreaming? Because I was pretty sure this was impossible. Looking at her, "Kiera", I faintly heard Mr. S say as he introduced her, was like looking in a mirror!

•Kiera•
  I hated this! I was at a new school in a new state and I knew absolutely no one. I was so nervous coming into this huge school. Once again, everyone would be soooo curious about me and possibly tease me about my accent. I'd have to answer all the questions about where I was I was from and why I had transferred. This time it would be even worse because school was almost over.  My birthday was on Friday, but I would probably spend it alone because four days was really not enough to make any good friends. At least the high school had a choir program, so maybe I would make some from friends there. Even if not, I would be able to sing, which I absolutely loved.  I would act confident and fearless, because that was my way of dealing. Hopefully there would be some hot guys. Just three weeks left and then I would be living in Ireland with my older brother Jamie . No more constantly moving and one definite school for college. 
  Getting my schedule in the main office was not exactly the best way to start the day. At first I thought I would be ok because only the principal and the secretary were in the room. But then the secretary wouldn't stop squinting at me and the principal kept blinking with a very surprised look on her face. Weird... I finally got my papers and left as fast as possible. My first class was Chemistry, room 214.   
  I walked through the curving, echoing halls. It was impossible to find anything! I finally spotted CHEMISTRY painted on the window of a bright blue door tucked into a corner.  It stood out from all the faux wooden doors surrounding it and I wondered what kind of class this would be. I walked through the slightly open door and towards the front of the room. Just my luck that the door would be the opposite end of the room from the teacher's desk.
  The classroom seemed fairly normal despite the startling color of the door, except for two things. The walls were covered in posters of both basketball players and brightly colored depictions of things like the periodic table, and there a huge, uncovered window that took almost the whole left side of the room.
  What wasn't normal was that every student in the room seemed to be staring at me, except for one girl who was staring absently out of the window. She was facing away from me so all that I could see of her was that she had long, curly, fire red hair. I caught a glimpse of dark jeans and the strap of a white tank top as I walked past.  The only other person who was just as oblivious of my entrance was the teacher. I decided to focus on him and disregard my classmates' stares. He was very young, clean-shaven, and dark-haired. Something on his neatly organized desk seemed to be taking up all of his attention. I wondered what could be so fascinating.
  I finally made it past the rows of curious and strangely shocked stares to the front of the room. The young teacher at the desk started when he looked up at me. Why was everyone so surprised about a new student?  What had I done to make everyone in the room look so amazed? The man in front of me looked like he was about to fall out of his chair, but he managed to mumble that I should call him Mr. Scottie. I decided that the best course of action would be to act as if nothing was unusual and find out what was unusual by myself. I quietly told Mr. Scottie my name and that I had transferred from a high school in New York city because of my mother's job. He seemed to recover just enough to tell me to sit where I wanted and I turned around to escape, acting as if I was completely comfortable. Mr. Scottie shakily introduced me to the class as I started to look for a seat. 
  Oh! I saw what was so strange now. The redhead who had been staring out the window was now staring at me. This was NOT possible. At all... She looked almost exactly like me!     

•Keegan•
  The pale heart shaped face, the same nose, same eyes. Even her hair was the same length and curliness as mine, except that it was dark brown. She was the same size and height as me from, from what I could tell. The only difference besides the color of her hair was that her eyes were a much darker blue than mine, almost purple. I didn't have a long lost twin did I?
  I finally realized I was staring. Oops. But Kiera ( her name even started with the same letter as mine....This was getting crazy) was staring too.



© 2009 LilyM;)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, your writing style is great, Lily. It really helped with the flow of your chapter, not to mention it was fairly interesting to read. The archetype of possible long-lost twins never ceases to interest me, I suppose.
I love the name of the book, Celtic Knot. I don't really know why; I just do. ^^ Well, I hope you continue this soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009


Author

LilyM;)
LilyM;)

Tokyo, Japan



About
HI! My name is Lily Mae Parker. I have a twin sister Ashley Victoria who I call Ash, an older sister who is 21, and two brothers Drake, 11 and Tyler, 10. Im 15, my birthday is August 11th. I Love .. more..

Writing
fight song fight song

A Poem by LilyM;)


... ...

A Poem by LilyM;)