The Siege of Gondor

The Siege of Gondor

A Chapter by C.R. Rathkamp
"

When the men of the world decide to fight for their passions and clear destruction.

"

Lost in heart, the brigade became useless, the walls tumbling into ashes through the flames which lifted from the earth and, spinning rocks into the heavens, came down from the clouds, and mustered the walls, singeing the walls of Gondor. Blameless the men stood their ground, wavering swords to the enemy, making sure to defend without fear and hopeless revenue. The men, after each attack from the catapults ongoing barrage toward the cities walls, would fall and be replaced accordingly to the systems main frame. Without order, the men stumbled without a king to tell them their destruction would be eminent. The writers in the castle, high above the battle pertaining on the ground, began to write about the last siege of Gondor, the flapping destruction soon to be realized within the burrows of light. The sun was still rising high above the night, and placing great trust into the heat of the battle.


Now, without hope becoming true in the hearts of these men, some decided it best to retreat from the battle, and quicken their pace toward the tower of white, but some resisted this temptation to have longer life in the breed of their hearts. “Resist the thought young men,” said the captain of the guard. “We shall overcome our fears, and trust our lives into our Lord, without much more we will become the legends that produced the gates and held back the evil which lies waiting in hurry.” This speech brought gratification into their hearts, souls, and mind; maintaining a sound mind with the thundering of the barricade about to blow down the door with the wood that the orcs possessed. “Hold steady!” cried the Captain.


Onto instance, the door into the westward part of the city, facing eastern borders fell toward the ground, causing the men to stumble in thought and physical attire. “Men, let loose your goals, and return to the battle that sends us to the depths of His kingdom!” and then, without further words, the captain and his few remaining men charged forward into the desolate isolation of the enemy, meeting the eyes of the orcs, and pertaining to challenge them into sword fights; without more to understand, the men fell by the blade, and were unable to protect the western wall. The orcs fell and tumbled, but they were a match greater on the earth than the men.


“Go forward, and rip them limb from limb; don't allow any survivors to maintain your preceding,” said the fellow orcs in unity and matched conduct. “Toward the tower, we shall bring it down!” Their voices spoke in terrible languages that should never be mentioned in the name of man or woman, child, or elderly challenge. They gobbled in their voices, and spoke in hoarse voices, the whole surrounding area where the orcs remained were substitute with despair and death. The air became thin, and the heat continued to burn down the flesh of the orcs, sweating tremendously with great anguish the charged forward to the tower, mowing down all hints of men standing before their deadly line.


The door to the world was released, and the men inside came outside with spears and swords drawn and erected; the blades on each weapon positioned directly in the frame of the orcs marching in wild mustangs. “Hold!” shouted the possession of the orcs, which in return switched weapons to the bow and arrow, which the men did as well. Both sides raised their arrows, and confused themselves in great death, as simply as men were able to carry the arrows, they fell, and such so did the orcs on the front line, taking more arrows to the body than the men could endure. Once the arrows were spent, the men threw the bows to the floor, and summoned their swords before their hands. Running into the front line, the men cut and dissuaded the lives of their enemy. Unlike the orcs, when the men noticed their brothers becoming defeated and felling to the floor, a great human rage burst forth from them, which nine men would have to hold back the possession of demons. One man would be able to create a death stroke of about fourteen dead orcs, but onto the last orc, they would fell and become like the rest of humanity, long dead, or sleeping.


The battle remained restless for some time, but the sheer number of orcs were fascinating, and overpowering. The men removed themselves from the world, and the remainder ran into the household of the white tower where the king remained locked up, his sword fancied about his hands. “Lord, this might be the end of our challenge,” said one of the men to the head of the estate. “It has been a well honored hope that we have continued to live by one another all through these years.”


“Silence, york!” the king said, smiling awkwardly. “This is not the end of our just lives, we shall become that which are legends, just as the prophesy demands.” The doors were broken from their hinges, smacking against the stone floor and breaking into wood pillars. The orcs pounced into the room, one at a time, aiming their rusted swords toward the men in the room. All attacking one another, but becoming unencumbered, they continued to fight, until their dying breath remained true to the station of their lives. The king fell with a loud shout, which alerted the soldiers in the room. All became lost. The end was near, and soon, even I would become true to this anniversary of our devastated death.


“May the Lord look upon us with mercy when we enter his domain,” said the last remaining man in the room, but the orc he faced forward, stabbed him directly into the middle composite of his chest, and the man fell in despair and dead challenge.



© 2013 C.R. Rathkamp


Author's Note

C.R. Rathkamp
Please review this chapter, and tell me should I continue on with the tale.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice description! I love how elaborate it fits; it well suits Tolkien's world. My one question is, who is the Lord of whom the narrator speaks?

Posted 10 Years Ago


C.R. Rathkamp

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review, I have been waiting some days for someone special to review my wor.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2013
Tags: Lord of the Rings, Christianity, Orcs, Men, Battle, Swords, Evil, Good, God.


Author

C.R. Rathkamp
C.R. Rathkamp

TX



About
"The dedication understands the basic principles to convolution the natural wonderment of this entire world." more..

Writing