Ride

Ride

A Poem by Mia

How do they expect me to take a screeching halt when we are on the climax of this roller- coaster
How do they expect me to just stop when we are in forth gear cruising down a highway that we only know exists?

How do they expect me to say farewell when your the only one keeping me sane?

How can they just expect me to just banish you from my mind when your the only happy memory I have?

How can they just expect me not to fall in love with someone as lovely as you?

You telling me this is equivalent to demanding a teenager to not do drugs.

You telling me this is like expecting it to snow on a summer evening.

You telling me this is like demanding the soulless to paint something as passionate and beautiful as Van Gogh's work its self.

You telling me not to fall for him, is like telling a drug dealer to turn him self in, its never going to happen.

So why not just sit back and let me ride this highway that him and I only know exists because there's nothing you can do to stop this ride.  

© 2014 Mia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"the only happy memory I have?
How can they just expect me not to fall in love with someone as lovely as you?
You telling me this is equivalent to demanding a teenager to not do drugs."

Love as a drug. Wow. Bravo..........

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mia

9 Years Ago

Oh wow thanks so much, I haven't been on this site for quite some time but thanks for the review
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)...................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on November 24, 2014
Last Updated on November 24, 2014

Author

Mia
Mia

About
My name is Mia but its short for Amelia. I write, I paint and I live in the moment. more..

Writing
Stoner Stoner

A Poem by Mia