Daughter of the Devil

Daughter of the Devil

A Story by Bethany
"

Young Abaddon is half human and must face the concequences. She is the daughter of the devil and must travel to the human world to prove her worth as a demon. So she must slay 100,00 human souls to return to her home. How hard could that be.... right?

"

 

Daughter of the Devil
 
By Bethr628 - August 8, 2008
 
            The day I was born, the first thing that passed threw my ears was the bloody screams of dying souls. It was enough to chill any human to the bone. It was like nails on a chalkboard. You wanted to cut off your ears so that you may never hear something as terrifying again. You would have rather never hear the sweet sound of your lover’s voice, or the first words of your child then ever listen to the screechings of the Underworld.
            On June 6th, an inhuman baby came into the world. Me. My eyes were that of blood and my back extended the wickedest of demon’s wings. They were that of a tough leather that only the devil himself could tear. My name given to me as the curse that I must forever bare. Another name for Satan. My name was Abaddon, but for my future, human.  protection my better known name was Abby and I had a secret. I was half human. My mother had been a Greek women named Stella. A majority of my characteristics were of my mother. From what I could remember in my first few minutes of birth, she had long black hair and dark eyes. She had the figure of a super model and hands that were as soft as a new born kitten’s fur that caressed me gently. She had a peculiar scar beneath her eye in the shape of a star.
            But, the rules of the Underworld were absolute. No human could come to the Underworld and live. So the day that I, Abaddon was born, Satan killed my mother. On the day of my birth, I was alone. I wasn’t even given a chance to suckle my mother’s life giving milk. So I was left a weak, new born baby.  And as the days and years passed I developed a dying hatred. For all humans and living things.
Those of immortal blood are far different then those of human blood. Immortals had an incredible memory and could remember things from the day they were born. And, as the name implies, they lived forever. Not living by the laws of physical and social life. Typically they were gruesome characters with sharp fangs and terrible claws. They had no decency and were cruel. Their skin was a deep scarlet from their burns which were given to them from the burning fires of hell and often they covered the whole body. But they felt no pain. And they felt no emotion except that of brutal hatred.
Of course, my father had kept it a secret that I was half human. He had even killed those who had helped deliver me to this world. But it was obvious that I was different from the imp’s around me. When I was hurt, I bled. I felt pain. That of which no fiendish spirit could feel. I could feel happy, sad, angry and hurt. All of which were unfamiliar to the demons. My skin was a lush golden brown andmy hair was long and black. But my eyes were red, as were that of all demons. And my wings were abnormally small for my size. My human half was a larger part of me then my demon side.
Have you ever wondered what Hell looked like? It’s not beautiful and white like that of Heaven. It was a black stoned city that rested in the middle of an endless stretching flat land abyss. It was the oldest city in the universe. And the only one who knew how and when it was formed was my father. He built it alone using the stones buried beneath the ground. He had used his hands, for God and banished him to live a life of lonliness. That was until my father discovered her could harvest the souls of the dead. The souls had no body so they had no will or memory. They were still around though. They were the Acolytes and they worked only for my father. Every so often they left their sanctum at the far edge of the city to see my father and harvest the fresh souls. They never said a word. They always wore robes of deep purple. It was rare to see their face for they were hid by their hoods. But they were nothing more then wisps of green. A face was barely visible but it was there. Nothing more then gaps in smoke for eyes. They glowed and could never be touched. Once, one passed threw a wall in front of my and turned its empty eyes upon me and bowed. I assumed they were the only other ones who knew of my true heritage.
My father never left his palace. He was in fine health and as cruel and ruthless as ever. I only saw my father at dinner time when we both feasted upon innocent human souls. His skin was a bright scarlet and he had four horns on his head. He had four blood red eyes and long sharp claws. His wings were the largest of all. But he never left the palace. At dinner we ate only Innocent Souls because Rotten souls tasted terrible and were nothing more then glowing balls of red. But innocent souls were glorious and blue. Every day, as more people died, more and more innocent souls came and more demons came down to us threw “The Gate”.
In the center of the city, high above the square, a dark gate hovered. It was a hole. A hole in our sky that led to the human world. Once an evil soul passed threw, after their time had come, they could never go back. No matter how much they begged and pleaded and clawed at the ground. A bright flash of green would appear every time the souls came. In an instant you relived all your sins. You could see and live it all again just threw that flash. And you were forced to relive the horror.
My father did not love me. He never did and I cared nothing of it. I never cared about him. I never greeted him except with a bow, as did everyone. We often had long stares at each other, I would always lose due to the four eyes on me and my two eyes on him but never did we say a word to each other. And it was kept that way.
But I did not know that soon I would leave the Underworld for the human world above. And I would not return until I had slain 100,000 souls. 100,000 human souls, innocent or not. I had never seen a human up close. (For more then a minute since my mother was killed as soon as I was born) But now, the lives of 100,000 humans was in my hands…..
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
 

© 2008 Bethany


Author's Note

Bethany
I know this should be more RELIGIOUS then not, but I consider this Sacreligious (unless you support the devil)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is AMAZING! And there is really nothing sacrilegious about this because it's a fantasy story. Might I add: this idea has soo much potential for a great series. You need to keep writing on this. What would her life be like. How would she be identified by humans, and what would her other motives be? Might she not want to kill people, but do it anyways? Just keep expanding the story. You write really well.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

For a 13 year old young lady, this is an amazing story, very well written and a pleasure to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


THAT WAS AWESOME! it is definetly fantasy not sacreligious. wow wow wow!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


dont forget to click the image above

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is AMAZING! And there is really nothing sacrilegious about this because it's a fantasy story. Might I add: this idea has soo much potential for a great series. You need to keep writing on this. What would her life be like. How would she be identified by humans, and what would her other motives be? Might she not want to kill people, but do it anyways? Just keep expanding the story. You write really well.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2008
Last Updated on August 9, 2008

Author

Bethany
Bethany

Not Telling!!



About
I am 13 years old. I started wrighting when I was in 3rd Grade. I LOVE creating my own stories, as long as I've got the idea. Even though I like Japanese anime and manga, I don't like writing stories.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..