The Hunter and the Hunted: Chapter one; The hunted.

The Hunter and the Hunted: Chapter one; The hunted.

A Story by Bethany
"

A wise vampire must fight for her life when a vampire hunting organazation sends an assasin to take her head.

"

Kari closed her eyes. The strong scent of blood filled the air. Using her overly keen senses, she could pin point exactly where it was coming from. The scent floated on the wind. Blowing across her cheeks and tangling itself in her hair. It was taunting, tempting, it was sweet. She sniffed the air. So many other scents engulfed her but the smell of blood was tantalizing. Enchanting.
Exactly…. Two miles north, one-eight of a mile east. Approximately… one female… abrasion to the arm. Strong smell of alcohol. Kari jumped lightly down from the roof top. She glided down five stories and landed as light as a feather on the pavement. In the blink of and eye she was speeding away. Faster then a bullet train she reached her destination. She perched skillfully atop a nearby building. She sniffed the air and turned her head towards the alley below her. There, sitting against the damp wall was a young women cradling her bleeding arm, cursing to herself.
Kari’s mouth began to water. She felt her fangs push themselves over her lower lip. Her eyes glowed a faint red. Her heart pounded. Her stomach growled. She wanted to feed. She closed her eyes and took a moment to compose herself. She didn’t want to kill the woman. She took a deep breath and slowly scaled the wall straight down. As cunning as fox and as silent and skillful as a spider. The woman lay against the opposite wall. Her eyes diverted to the blood and never saw Kari gently touch down on the ground. She smiled, her fangs shining menacingly in the dim moonlight.
“Hello.” Kari said, emerging from her hiding spot in the shadows. The woman looked up suddenly and jumped to her feet.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just noticed that your bleeding and was wondering if you needed any help.” Kari thought of a lie and she thought it up quick. It was flawless and perfect. Her fangs and glowing eyes were cleverly concealed inside her mouth and slightly closed lids.
“I…er….No, thank you. I’m fine.” The woman replied, obviously suspicious. “I just….slipped and fell.”
Kari’s strong ears heard the woman’s heart race, an unavoidable side effect of a lie. She sniffed the air. She could now tell that the intense smell of liquor was transferred onto the women by another. A male. Kari’s genius mind put the pieces together.
“If he is hurting you. You shouldn’t stand for it. If he really loved you, he would never hurt you.”
The woman gasped.
“I…I don’t know what your talking about.”
The fake smile stretched upon Kari’s lips vanished.
“Oh, but I think you do…” She took a step forward.
“Please, let me take a look at your arm. It looks bad.” Kari’s heart hummed inside her chest. The seductive smell made her senses wild. It took years of practice to perfect this type of self control around humans.
The woman recoiled sharply.
“N-No!” she cried.
Kari’s breath hastened. She could easily overpower the frail woman. Her killer instincts urged her to snap the woman’s legs, immobilize her, then rip out her throat, to prevent screaming but Kari refused to kill tonight. She was so hungry. It felts as if flames licked at the inside of her throat. Burning. Craving. Desiring.
“Please.” Kari said sternly. Her voice cooed like that of a dove. It’s lightness wound itself around the woman’s brain, making Kari’s most ridiculous request impossible to deny. The woman’s eyes glowed a faint yellow and obediently, held out her arm for Kari. A single drop of blood slipped down her elbow, but Kari’s finger caught it. The warm blood shined bright in the rays of the moon. Kari brought it to her lips.  Her fangs had now fully protruded. Threatening and dangerous. Kari swallowed the drop and felt the burning in her throat intensify. She licked her lips and brought her mouth down to the woman’s cut and ran her tongue along its surface. Like a puppet, the woman stayed and said nothing while Kari cleaned the surface of the wound gently. Kari, unable to hold back any longer pressed her fangs into the woman’s flesh. She cringed slightly but Kari took no notice. She was too busy satisfying the flames in her throat.
When the woman had passed out, and was close to death, Kari released her fangs and breathed in the frigid midnight air. The air stung her lungs as if she was drowning. Her lungs filled and she let out the sustained breath. Typically, a warm burst of air would float off her tongue and into the air but no cloud came and Kari was on her way. She swiftly cleaned  the blood off her lips and hands and headed back home

© 2009 Bethany


Author's Note

Bethany
Feel free to comment freely.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 7, 2009

Author

Bethany
Bethany

Not Telling!!



About
I am 13 years old. I started wrighting when I was in 3rd Grade. I LOVE creating my own stories, as long as I've got the idea. Even though I like Japanese anime and manga, I don't like writing stories.. more..

Writing