Pica Chairman Wishes Jamaicans Safe Travel In Festive Season

Pica Chairman Wishes Jamaicans Safe Travel In Festive Season

A Story by Bevaline Green
"

Chairman of the advisory board of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) Joe Issa, is wishing all Jamaicans and visitors safe travel during the festive season.

"

Chairman of the advisory board of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) Joe Issa, is wishing all Jamaicans and visitors safe travel during the festive season.

“It’s that time of year when many people are travelling abroad to spend time with their family and friends. You also have those residing abroad coming home, as well as visitors who are coming for the Jamaican Christmas experience…In the true spirit of the festive season I would like to wish them safe travel and happy holiday.

“It’s also a time of heightened excitement and people are thinking of multiple things at the same time; so it’s easy for some to forget to carry their passport and return ticket and other vital documents and information when traveling. This can make the difference between getting to your destination on time or left behind in trauma as a result of missing your flight,” says Issa.

According to Issa PICA, an executive agency since June 2007 plays a part in securing Jamaica’s borders in processing passport and citizenship applications, and managing Jamaica’s immigration processes.


He informs that “whether you are seeking a new passport or renewing one, you can follow the status of your application by the click of a mouse.” He says PICA also offers a range of services in respect of the delivery of passports to customers.


PICA processes applications for visitors, skilled workers, entrepreneurs, refugees and those reporting lost, stolen, damaged or found immigration documents. The executive agency also processes applications for citizenship.


Noting how easy it is to be ill prepared for a trip abroad, Issa recommends all persons travelling abroad to familiarize themselves with PICA’s website which provides pertinent travel information and tips.


“Our website is a useful tool which we use to communicate with the public.


“It’s important for persons who are seeking travel information in respect of immigration, passport and citizenship.


“I urge everyone to visit it before traveling, especially to CARICOM countries.


“The website also tells you, among other information, which Caribbean countries are members of CARICOM.


“It informs you what documents are needed before the trip.


“And upon arrival it tells you what to expect in respect of the length of stay you will be given, your eligibility to work and your general treatment by the host country,” says Issa in an interview.


He adds: “The website also provides a listing of Jamaica’s High Commission and Consular representatives in CARICOM should you need their assistance…It’s a must see website for persons requiring information on passport, immigration and citizenship services.”


Joe Issa is an Ocho Rios philanthropist and businessman. He is executive chairman of the well-known Cool Group of companies, whose Cool Charities subsidiary continues to give back through the education of Jamaican children.

© 2017 Bevaline Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats