Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

I just wanted a touch..

"

I closed my eyes stepping into the angry flames. I let out a silent breath standing there. The warmth of the fire engulfed my body. I felt the exhaustion that I had just felt moments before slip away from me; suddenly I had enough energy to run around the earth a couple of times. I opened my mouth letting the fire enter it, then I blew it out and it hit the glass wall surrounding me bouncing back into my mouth as I swallowed.

I opened my eyes to see him standing out my glass fortress watching me carefully with his blue eyes. His black hair had a blue tint to it and he stood tall. He looked tired, which I hated. I told him to go and take care of himself. I let out the fire from my mouth. He smiled at me as if to say, “hey baby girl no worries, I’m fine.” I was almost completely sure that he would have said that to me if I wasn’t in my fire filled fortress here. Sometimes I felt as if fire was my prison, I could never escape it. Not only that, I can’t tell him the truth. The truth of my feelings, sadly because it would never change anything.

I touched the glass looking at the reflection of my house. I stood tall with my long wavy red hair burning at the ends, my red eyes glow brightly. Fire released its self from the tips of my fingers. Feeling myself taken care of, I opened the door and all the fire blew out. He did that beautiful crooked smile that took my breath away every time. “Hey babe,” he spoke lightly with longing in his eyes.

I wished to touch him, to hug him, to even just hold his hand. “What you looking at dork?” I smiled walking past him. He rolled at his eyes walking beside me. “Feel better?” he questioned. I looked at him impatiently. “Well, I wouldn’t of got out of the chamber if I didn’t,” I teased.

He stuck his tongue out at me and I did the same to him. “Ready to go to the club babe?” he asked. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled showing teeth. “What you think boo?” my voice was playful. He smiled, leading me to his old corvette that he’s been working on.

I climbed into the passenger seat and he sat in the driver’s seat. He started to drive, not much light shining in the car, nor on the streets. He looked over at him, and I couldn’t tell what facial expression he was wearing. I pursed my lips at him, and he was still silent. I reached over to turn on the radio and he grabbed my hand. We both screamed in pain, and he drove the car off the road into the ditch.

Clutching my hand, I stared at him angrily. “You know we cannot touch!” I hissed. He looked at me then quickly looked away. His voice was weak when he spoke, “I was just wishing that maybe it changed.”

I suddenly flashed back to the first time that we had tried to touch. I looked away quickly, remembering the day perfectly.

“I’m scared,” the little girl said. The little boy looked at her and smiled. “It’s okay our mommy’s have to be somewhere around here!” “B-but what if they left us?” The girl gasped tears entering her eyes. “There’s no way,” the boy exclaimed looking around the mall curiously. The little girl felt overwhelmed, with all of these people running into her. “Mommy!” she started to scream, but the boy could not bear to see the little girl cry. “It’s okay Kaji,” he said to her grabbing her pain. This strange explosion of pain happened.

***

 

 



© 2012 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Enjoy. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is intresting

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

Good interesting or bad?
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

How about AWSOME!!!!!!
Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

aww, thanks a lot. I was hoping someone would think so. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012
Tags: Love


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane