Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

This is the end.

"

“I will find you. No matter what, through fire and water I will find you.”


***  

                 

Mizu, why did you have to go? I loved you. Why did you leave me alone? Mizu’s older brother came up behind me, and sat next to me. “Hey Kaji,” his voice was low. “Hello Jay,” I sounded sincere. Knowing of his pain was more like it. He looked deep into my eyes, and then pulled me into his arms. “I promised Mizu, if something were to ever happen to him I would take care of you,” he whispered. Tears entered my eyes, and I clung to him. Tears fell, as he held me tight. I have a friend, even after Mizu died because of me he was still looking out for me.


For some reason this made my heart ache. “I know,” he tried to soothe me. “I know.”


“I miss him so much,” I sobbed. Jay shifted me in his arms, to look at him. “I know that wherever he is right now, he misses you too.” I stared at him in confusion, what did he mean? I shook my head, shaking off the suspicious feeling that overwhelmed me. He meant whatever death led you to. That was all.


He stared at me with some kind of want in his eyes, a want to tell me something. “Before Mizu died,” he said gently. “I was there, while they were operating on you. He held my hand tight, tears in his eyes.” Something ached inside I didn’t want to hear of Mizu’s pain I caused. It hurt too much. “He told me that it didn’t matter, I just had to take care of you.” A hint of tears entered Jay’s eyes. “That you were more important than anything. Th-that he loved you more than himself. That he had finally known what love was.”


I couldn’t stop the tears from coming. “Thank you,” I gasped through tears. I hugged him again, “thank you.”

Somewhere inside, I could hear Mizu’s voice telling his brother thank you also. Some relief had entered my heart, a different kind of relief that I had never felt before.


***


“I need to find you. Dear God let me find her.”


***


“It’s time, it’s time. Wake up. It’s time.” I gasped for air sitting up. I saw a dark figure at the end of my bed. “Hello?” I moved out of my bed. “Who’s there?” I questioned. “Shh!” the voice hissed. “Don’t you shh me!” I growled. “You are the one that is in my house!” The figure moved closer to me, “It’s time!” “Time for what?” I screamed finally done with this nonsense. The figure touched my chin briskly, “It’s over darling,” the voice was dark and conniving.


I gasped for air, and pulled away from him. “Don’t touch me!” He laughed darkly and touched my forehead. Something rushed through me, images, memories that weren’t my own.  “It’s time, for a new fairy beginning! You and that boy is the beginning!” Everything was clear then, we were the next ones. It was too late though, Mizu was dead.


There was nothing we could do.


***


“Don’t let this happen to her. I won’t let this happen to her.”

 



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
I can't stop writing tonight, it just keeps coming. O_o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GREAT!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

Glad you liked it, more shall come soon. c:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: Mystery


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane