Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

You were mine once.

"

“Are you alright?” Jay asked watching me. I shook my head, shaking myself out of my thoughts. “Yeah,” I laughed gently. “Just a lot on my mind,” I answered. He smiled, touching my cheek. The past few months Jay and I have grown close. We were always together, never apart. He was my support, not only out of commitment because of Mizu, because he had grown to care for me. Part of me, felt as if Mizu was sitting next to us, watching us. Smiling at the fact, that we were partly happy.


I closed my eyes smiling, “As long as I’m with you!” As he laughed lightly, I opened my eyes. Something was in his eyes, regret? I stared at him for a long while. He always had these moments, perfectly happy but a lick of sadness hits him. I always worried for him, wondered if he was missing Mizu or something. I missed Mizu all the time, but I had gotten better at hiding it.


“It’s time.”


That stupid voice! It wouldn’t go away, why can’t it understand there is nothing I can do? I can’t save my race, if Mizu is gone. We both had to be here, to do so.  Sometimes I could blow off this voice, other times it overwhelmed me. It tore me down. “Come on,” he pulled me off the bed. “Let’s go to the park.”


***

“I know you wouldn’t betray me. I need to find you.”


***


“No Mizu, she’s fine! She does please brot- no she’s asleep!” I heard a voice through my dreams. “I told you, I will take care of her.” I tried to shake myself out of my sleep. I was trying to find the voice, and find out why it was saying Mizu’s name. “Brother please.” I found the voice now, it was Jay. Quickly my eyes opened and I stared up at Jay who had his eyes closed. I looked around, in suspicion. “What is it Kaji?” his voice was soft.

“Were you talking to someone?” I gasped. His phone lay next to him, and brown eyes were honest when they looked at me. He nodded his head no. I looked around and sat up out of his lap.


Sometimes I felt like reality, wasn’t real.


***

I remember it like yesterday.


Mizu dying. I don’t remember how, or why. I remember them saying that we were in a car wreck, a terrible one. They had said that we were both going to die. Yet, somehow I lived and Mizu didn’t. I remember when they told me, complete utter shock took me over. I had shown no emotion, like I denied it.


Like my heart just couldn’t accept it. There was no way, that Mizu was there one minute, and not the next. It just couldn’t happen.


After they all left, I stood out of my hospital bed walking slowly to Mizu’s room. He’s not dead, he’s just fine. They were lying to me. Finally, getting to his room I stood at the foot of his bed. “Mizu?” I whispered. “It’s me, wake up.” It was strange to me he was covered with a white sheet soaked with blood spots. I walked over to the head of the bed, removing the sheet from his face.


I gasped falling back a few steps, this image of him. This last image of him, could never be removed my soul. It would stain my soul, with its horror and heartbreak. The way he looked, skin pale white. Eyes wide, wide open. Dead, dead as his body was. He was stained with blood wounds. His face, his beautiful face was a mesh of blood and meat.


Everything, all of him was a big chunk of churned up meat. I started to scream. Scream at the top of my lungs, tears stained my face. My heart was shattered at the bottom of my stomach, its raw sores burning, on fire. “MIZU!” I cried. “MIZU!”


Hands on my shoulders, there was hands on my shoulders. “Shh,” It was Jay’s voice. “Why does he look like that?” I gasped for air, unable to breath. “Shh,” he whispered again setting me down. Everything was a huge haze, clouded.


It’s true, when they say the seen can never be unseen.


***


He held my hand tightly as we lay in bed. “It’s alright,” he soothed me through my tears. Jay gave me something that I had never had before. Touch, feel, arms that could hold me; without me harming them. A hand that I could hold, without him being burned.


These nightmares, I can’t stop them. Mizu’s face, his pain, his death. I dreamt of it all. I looked over at Jay, he must have had seen worse than I had. “I wish I could have saved you, I wish I could have kept you from seeing the things you have seen.” His voice was sincere.


Pulling myself towards him, I closed my eyes. “Hold me,” I begged. He pulled me close to him, so close that there was no space between us. I could hear his heartbeat, feel his warmth.

***


“I wish to hold you.”

 

 



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Enjoy^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved it!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Happened to just read this chapter - I haven't looked at the rest of your book, but from what I can tell your writing is technically perfect, and you've managed to avoid stilted and awkward language very well. My one formatting quibble is your placing of dialogue in the paragraphs the way you have - you ought to start a new paragraph with each separate instance of dialogue, the way everyone else does, otherwise it's a bit of a pain to read.
As for the concept and story, it seems interesting, if a little generic. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013
Tags: New Love


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane