Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

It's not over.

"

Using my finger, I lit the candle. “Hello Mizu,” my voice was shaking. I laughed at my nervousness, at the way my heart shook. “It’s been 2 months now. You’ve been gone,” tears covered my face. Why was I here?


“Kaji,”



That voice, I knew that voice. That voice, there’s no way it could be speaking to me. “Kaji,” the voice said again. I stood quickly, turning. “Mizu!” I gasped for air. There was no way, no way he was here in front of me. I must be dreaming. He suddenly came towards me, so fast that I didn’t even blink and he was touching my face. I was expecting pain, something to happen. There was only his soft touch and his breath on my skin as he came closer to me.


Everything, felt so real. It couldn’t be, even if he were alive we couldn’t touch. “I love you Kaji, I love you,” his voice was like velvet to me. Soft, sweet, I could taste it on my tongue. I could taste him. I tried to understand what was going on, use all my senses to figure it out. The smell of him, I could smell him. He was here. He was here, holding me. His large arms were around me.


He kissed me, he tasted sweet. He tasted of mint. I’ve never kissed anyone in my life Mizu was the only boy I ever wanted to kiss. Here we were lips to lips; body to body.


That’s when I woke, that moment that felt so real, that I wished more than anything was real was gone.


I woke on the ground, damp ground; a dim light glowing next to me in the midst of darkness. I sat up staring at Mizu’s gravestone. No. It was a dream, a wonderful dream. That was never going to be true. I started to cry then. Mizu! Come back Mizu, you were here, why aren’t you now? Am I going crazy? It felt so real. The smell of him, the touch, the kiss; it all seemed so real.


“Kaji?” the voice was gentle, caring. “Jay!” I sobbed throwing my arms around him. He pulled me towards him. “You shouldn’t be here,” he whispered pulling me up into his arms. Then he bent down blowing out the candle. “I just wanted to see him, one last time,” I couldn’t keep my words from pushing me into more tears. He carried me to his car, setting me down in the passenger seat. His face was only inches from mine, I quickly pulled away.

I can’t do that to Mizu, how would Mizu feel? If he had thought me and Jay had fallen in love? Of course we have not, we are both grief stricken is all. Jay has taken care of me out of commitment to his brother is why he’s here; taking care of me. That’s all that it will ever be.


“I love you Kaji.”


***


Nothing makes sense to me right now, I don’t understand. I don’t understand how I feel, or what is going on. How am I to do these things that everybody expects of me? Save my race, what do they expect to do bring Mizu back to life? Even if I wish to do so, it can’t be done.


“You must do as told,” the scratchy voice spoke to me. I felt my face grow red in anger. “I can’t do anything, MIZU IS DEAD! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? OR ARE YOU JUST STUPID!?” I had not realized I was screaming, or even crying. No, I can’t be weak like this. “You are weak child, I have no earthly idea why they ever chose you!” he hissed.


Anger ran it’s self through my fingers, turning into flames. My eyes grew bright red, and I could feel all my markings on my body growing bright red also. Breathing out fire I spoke, “You don’t want to go down this road I’ve had enough of you!” The man only smiled slightly. “Mizu isn’t dead.”



That was his last words before he left.


***

“I’m here. Here I am, right here.”

 

 



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Hahah, another short chapter. Thought I should tell you guys, the meaning of Kaji's and Mizu's name, after thinking and thinking for a name.

I looked up the Japanese word for water,
I got Mizu.
Then, I looked for the word for fire,
and "Kaji"
means, free, uncontrolled fire.
Thought that would be a cool tid bit to tell you guys. Enjoy. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 20, 2013
Tags: Love


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane