Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Beverly Jane
"

A flash to the past.

"

The dark figured stared at me, tilting his head. “Ugh, what do you want now,” I complained. He laughed lightly. “I want to tell you a little story, do you mind? Or are you going to yell at me again?” he mused. I rolled my eyes sitting on my bed, “Telling bed stories now?”  He smirked at me, “Kind of. Let me see your hand.” I lifted a curious eyebrow at him. “Why should I?” I hissed. “Just give me your hand,” he commanded. He looked at me in patiently. “Ugh, fine,” I growled sticking out my hand.  He took it placing a crystal heart in the middle of it and closing it. Suddenly, my markings and eyes both began to glow purple.


I went back in time, to beautiful Verona, Italy. The structures, the land everything about it was beautiful. I stood in a house, a large house with expensive looking furniture. “Juliet!” I heard a voice in the distant, and then a racing older woman came down the stairs. From outside a young girl, with red curls and green eyes came running in from outside. Her face was pink as a flower, and she looked bubbly like. Like, she had just seen the boy of her dreams. I started to walk towards the door, which the girl Juliet had just run in from. Sitting on a bench in a garden, was a young boy with coal black hair and crystal blue eyes.


In his hands he held a white rose, and on his face was the most intense look of pain I had ever seen in my life. “Romeo! O! Romeo!” I heard a joking voice coming towards us. “Mercuitio!” the boy Romeo stood pasting on a fake smile. Another young boy came in my vision; he had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. “Are you here visiting Juliet again?” Mercuitio laughed. Romeo blushed slightly, and enveloped the white rose in his fist crushing it.

“You’re going to kill yourselves you know,” Mercuitio suddenly grew serious. The girl Juliet gracefully ran out towards them. “Hello Mercuitio!” she exclaimed. “It’s almost time,” Mercuitio looked at the two.  Juliet suddenly grew sad, “I love Romeo, and I will do anything I have to do be with him!” she proclaimed. “Even if it’s a hundred years from now?” Mercuitio questioned.  Her face grew red with anger, “Of course!”


Romeo turned from their bickering, and saw another man racing towards them. “Ah William, hello!” Romeo exclaimed. William nodded, his hair was all over the place, and his eyes looked crazed. “Is everything alright?” Romeo asked. “What happens next?” William gasped for air. Romeo merely shrugged and turned to Juliet. “Juliet, we must go.” Mercuitio butted in, “May I come?”


“No,” Romeo growled. Juliet nodded, following Romeo’s lead. I followed suit, hoping to soon understand. Was this Juliet Capulet and Romeo Montague? Was this William, William Shakespeare? Surely not.

Being ripped away from all this, I felt the dark figure open my hand and take the crystal from it. “What was that?” I gasped. “They were your descendants. Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet. Oh, let us not forget William Shakespeare,” he spoke. I furrowed my brow, “But Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet were merely fictional characters.”


“Were they?” he smiled standing up. “Wait!” I stood. “What happens to them?” I asked. He laughed at the irony, “Why does it matter?  They are only merely fictional characters right?” He turned to leave. “Wait! What happens? Tell me please,” I begged.


He only laughed and disappeared.

 

 

 



© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
enjoy c;

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have an interesting concept here, but your execution is a little lacking. Just saying, for example, that Verona was very beautiful doesn't cut it - why not add a little description about what exactly was beautiful about it, in what way it was beautiful, etc. By doing this you'll flesh out your story greatly and make it more believable which, considering your plot, will definitely help here. In addition, make sure you check your spelling and grammar.

Posted 11 Years Ago


o.o whoa..............

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ohhhh intresting!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beverly Jane

11 Years Ago

Like the little twist i put in there? (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 24, 2013
Last Updated on February 24, 2013
Tags: Fantasy


Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane