What does love mean?

What does love mean?

A Story by bianca
"

Love is not easy...

"
I don't know if anyone has the answer to this question, but reading books I can say that I realized without having experienced it myself. I thought I could live without her. I was wrong because love ignites a fire in us that only one person can ignite and extinguish at the same time.
I met someone recently and now books are just the place where I retired and dreamed of the happiness of characters who don't even exist. I don't understand their momentary meaning in my life anymore, but they were the ones who showed me how dangerous love is.
You may believe me or not, but reading and writing love poems was a way of forgetting that no one felt that way for me. I kept doing these activities with the thought that no one could love me so deeply, need me when something takes an unexpected turn. 
Indeed, the books and poems I wrote worked when my hopes were dashed every day, wondering if I would ever find the right person. If he will accept me as I am or if he will love me with my flaws and strengths.
I finally found him. He tells me I'm perfect, but I've never been like that. For nobody.
I can laugh while inside me everything is destroyed like ashes from burnt wood. I can act as if nothing about you bothers me, and in my mind, you would be just nothing, of no importance to me. I have a thousand masks and very few have managed to see the real one that shows me all the imperfections. There are a thousand people in one.
Love did not make me believe that someone would change me completely because there will always remain in me a piece that describes me perfectly. I'm not that girl who cries for attention all the time and I don't expect too much from the people I know because if I do I will be disappointed in the end and it has reached me.
Love means not only sacrifices but also the moment when you feel next to you the person you love regardless of whether he is thousands of miles away from you or that he is two steps away from your home. When you know he's thinking only of you, leaving behind the doubts and questions that go through your mind. When you dream of her every night, and in the morning you wish that dream to have been real or to come true when you meet him.
Love can hurt you when you don't expect it and I know that very well. The words and tone you use can destroy your relationship. Now it's up to you, reader. I've been through this and I can say it's like how you stabbed yourself with a knife, and when someone gives you a sedative, it doesn't come out of your mouth. No, because you want to suffer and you know in your heart that you deserve it. Well, no one deserves it because in one way or another each of us is wrong at some point without realizing it immediately.
 Love can leave you empty. I am not talking about clothes, money, or anything that means material things, but happy memories that are now becoming painful. I know what the ugly side of love looks like, which I also experienced in the end. There are times in a relationship where your partner or both cannot make certain gestures or activities for the other. To say, "No." is not a crime, because there are times when we do not allow ourselves to do certain things. Empty in the sense that the absence of a partner can crush you like an insect. It grinds you for hours, days, weeks that if you hadn't made that mistake maybe now it would have been like the beginning. 
But it seems that it does not always happen the way we want it or regardless of the efforts we make. Love means many things that can heal us, hurt us, and in the worst case can destroy us for a long time. When you start a relationship you have no idea about all this, but along the way, you will discover them when you least expect it. I don't know if I found that kind of strong love, but I fell in love with someone some time ago and I don't regret anything. 
I hope that you, my readers, have someone by your side whom you love to the point of exhaustion. Yes, that's love. It dries you to the last drop.

© 2021 bianca


Author's Note

bianca
Did you find that kind of person?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love is rare and sweet. Need two people willing to give everything to keep love alive. It isn't easy Bianca. Love is hard work and meaningful work. Like a flower garden. Love need care and concern. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


bianca

2 Years Ago

Love is not easy as we think and I experienced that feeling many times. I learned that love is not a.. read more
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Oldest and wisest love saying by John Donne. "We don't find love, love find us." Never rush love. If.. read more
Beautifully spoken, Amisha 🥀

Your voice speaks with the truths, deepest-feeling emotions, and experienced perceptions of a tried and true woman, because it's obvious the full grasp of "love" flows within her blood … it breathes and undulates throughout her every fibre.
This, radiates from the essence of your every revealing declaration.

Now, in the form of a Free Verse poem and a Sonnet, derived from the palpable glow of your words, I am inspired to share with you that which I know and sense you'll grasp and find value in, which, by-the-way, I've never done before in a review; so, please, forgive my boldness in doing so.
Bless you, Amisha, your fine skill and beautiful soul. 🍂

"LOVE"
~ to seekers~

Love shall seek not....
but for its own satisfaction
and will not be easily swayed
from its course.

It will....
bend and twist you
and shine and dim upon you
while holding onto those within its grip.

Until....
they become pliant and giving
trusting and alive
with its genuine and crystal-clear vision.

It will know you....
even though
you do not know yourself
and until you do.

It cannot....
be captured
and will not be controlled
by anything other than love itself.

It shall not....
be fooled
nor can it be substituted
or replaced.

For....
Love is sufficient unto Love
and can be known only
to itself.

Nothing known can destroy genuine Love.

Love....
will warmly embrace you
but only upon finding you worthy
to its demanding task.

Until that occasion....
you will ever be seekers
of this lustrous gem we call –

"LOVE"


Richard W. Jenkins
©2006
"There is no single answer to the question of what love really is,
but this I have found it is to me – perhaps, now to you!"

Dear Amisha,
I did find that kind of person.

"Love ~ I never knew before"
-—————————-~**~-—————————-

Another rainy Sunday without Her,
each drop that falls...another lonely beat;
'tho, even windblown clouds are weeping… sure,
such thoughts and dreams of Her, touch just as sweet.

There is no sound, except soft falling rain,
and breaths gift life with every mem'ry's sigh.
Oh, how can such pure love bring so much pain?
I'm reaching out, but She keeps passing by.

Then, cleansing raindrops whisper soft Her name;
around, the air is filled, as is my heart,
with warmth derived from Her sweet, tender flame ...
what God hath joined by love, can never part.

So, darkness come, I'll fear you nevermore ...
She's taught me love ~ I never knew before.

-—————————-~**~-—————————-
Richard W. Jenkins
© 19 Aug 2012

Thank you, Dear Amisha, for sharing You with Us … I love and cherish your wondrously embracing writing skills, dancing ever-so vibrantly across and down the page, gently; yet, powerfully, by a knowing, fully aware woman, with a heart that embraces and understands love, because she's "been there and done that!"

With warmest, most grateful hugs to thee! ⁓ Richard 🍃

PS: I am amazed my review is first(?) … lucky me! ; )

Posted 2 Years Ago


bianca

2 Years Ago

No. I am Romanian.
Richard🖌

2 Years Ago

Really?
How enchanting.🤔
bianca

2 Years Ago

Yes. Really.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2021
Last Updated on May 9, 2021

Author

bianca
bianca

Romania



Writing
Mine Mine

A Poem by bianca


My first love My first love

A Poem by bianca



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..